Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Question
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey, played the beta, getting started again.

I understand the difference between your commissioned bridge officers and your candidate pool, but can you move a bridge officer BACK to your candidate pool?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox-bane View Post
Hey, played the beta, getting started again.

I understand the difference between your commissioned bridge officers and your candidate pool, but can you move a bridge officer BACK to your candidate pool?
Nope. Once it's commissioned, you're stuck with it. If you no longer wish to use it, you may discharge the officer, but you'll never be able to get it back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Okay, thanks. I also understand that the number of bridge officers and the size of your candidate pool both increase as you increase in rank, is that true? If so, what are the corresponding increments?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Nope. Once it's commissioned, you're stuck with it. If you no longer wish to use it, you may discharge the officer, but you'll never be able to get it back.
You can still trade the office to another player, you can discharge it or keep it part of your crew. With the upcoming duty roster and crew system as well as department heads I'd hold on to them for now and see how the system works out.

You will gain 2 spots at each rank except captain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
You can still trade the office to another player, you can discharge it or keep it part of your crew. With the upcoming duty roster and crew system as well as department heads I'd hold on to them for now and see how the system works out.

You will gain 2 spots at each rank except captain.
"The upcoming duty roster and crew system as well as department heads." That's news to me. Could you direct me to more information about that?