Spam Time Online
STO
Even better. Guess I'll never be good at advertising.:p
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiyama10
I don't think Cryptic should nerf mines, or implement a cap on the amount you can use.

I think that Cryptic should have a setting in options concerning target lock - let you change tab targeting to cycle through ships only, or change whether or not mines are selectable by mouse click. Since AOE attacks will hit them anyway, why even bother selecting them?

Mines are easily dealt with with AOE attacks, and I think the problem here is with targeting and interface issues. I like the concept of being able to use tactics and have to change my own tactics to fight an oppenent using a different strategy, in this case mines. Nerfing mines would just remove a tactic from the game and further reduce PVP to beating each other with cudgels (whoever hits whoever harder wins...). Addressing the interface issues with mine spam would reduce frustration and encourage people to develop new tactics rather than rage quit.
Utter rubbish.

Anyone who has experienced the true level of spam in this game from organised pre-mades knows full well they can spam far quicker than you can take out the spam. If you want to waste your time and otherwise useful skills taking out mines and crap while real players pound the crap out of you, fine, but some of us want to actually kill our opponents. Using PSW to kills mines, is an insult to the skill, it has FAR better uses.

Beside that, the issue is worse than just targeting. One of the (several) reasons this tactic is used is because it is a very effective way to cause massive FPS drops on your opponents screen. With sufficient spam, forget targeting ships, I cant even SEE the other ships. And I don't mean through the clutter, I mean the game doesn't even bother to render them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
-2 respect points to you for just staying at the base cloaked in your dreadnought during the last match I was in.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Utter rubbish.

Anyone who has experienced the true level of spam in this game from organised pre-mades knows full well they can spam far quicker than you can take out the spam. If you want to waste your time and otherwise useful skills taking out mines and crap while real players pound the crap out of you, fine, but some of us want to actually kill our opponents. Using PSW to kills mines, is an insult to the skill, it has FAR better uses.

Beside that, the issue is worse than just targeting. One of the (several) reasons this tactic is used is because it is a very effective way to cause massive FPS drops on your opponents screen. With sufficient spam, forget targeting ships, I cant even SEE the other ships. And I don't mean through the clutter, I mean the game doesn't even bother to render them.
You tell it, brother. Players pushing that crap just have no clue. And then on top of all that crap the Nebulas hit tachyon grid or whatever its called to purposely jack up people's computers. This whole spam thing needs to be taken seriously. It just feels like it isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Mines:
Each mine should drop 1 mine. Use the Dispersal pattern to afford the ability to drop more than 1 mine. Not speccing into a mine (Trico, Chroniton, plasma, etc) will not yield the proc powers.

Photonic Fleet:
PvE: Summons 3 ships
PvP: Summons 1 ship

Scorpion device:
PvE: Launches 10 every 120 seconds
PvP: Launches 10 once per match (or 300 seconds as an alternate use)

This should be a standard start to "fixing" issues in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Joslin View Post
-2 respect points to you for just staying at the base cloaked in your dreadnought during the last match I was in.
I am sorry, did you think I was not serious?

Until it is fixed, I am getting my emblems, while reading the newspaper and that is it. If you don't like it. Tough.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I am sorry, did you think I was not serious?

Until it is fixed, I am getting my emblems, while reading the newspaper and that is it. If you don't like it. Tough.
Hey, I can read the newspaper and PVP at the same time :p

I'm infamous for being able to PVP with 1 hand!
I am often found drinking juice or eating squeeze cheese crackers when popping points in C&H, and then only have 1 hand when that Defiant uncloaks
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
Hey, I can read the newspaper and PVP at the same time :p

I'm infamous for being able to PVP with 1 hand!
I am often found drinking juice or eating squeeze cheese crackers when popping points in C&H, and then only have 1 hand when that Defiant uncloaks
um....so that expains the funny sounds on skype.
Prune juice FTL

:-P
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
um....so that expains the funny sounds on skype.
Prune juice FTL

:-P
Knock anything you want, except my prune juice and my ship :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2011, 07:03 AM
i fought an all sci carrier kink team the other day >.> they were totaly built for pve spam i have never seen soo many mines fighters and scrambles before in my whole life *shudders on remembering that match* i am just glad that we didnt have a nebula on our side or else it would have gotten very very bad

as for the spam numbers they had like 60+ fighters 80 something mines and 15 photonic ships if i ever get in a match like that im just gonna warp out no point in fighting if i cant enjoy it (or even move >.> to many tractor beams)