Lt. Commander
# 111
03-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I've watched them revive disintegrated ones before. Both from my 'exploit' shot and also once when they where dead by thalaron.

Most missions, where I have help it isnt a huge issue but still annoying. In Cutting the Cord a couple of encounters I just could not do anything with, melee or otherwise. The two healers kept eachother healed no matter what I did.
I direct you to post #108 in this thread above.
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
sorry Neowolf, but i can absolutely confirm that disintegrated enemies can be revived. It's been happening since game start so it is not just the thalaron weapons- you don't see it often cos most people will take out the medic capable of reviving enemies first, but if you don't you WILL see this happen. From my observations i believe they just cloak the body then play the vaporization animation rather than removing the body copletely: could be wrong there though.
Lt. Commander
# 113
03-07-2011, 04:35 AM
I've grown to really dislike the way Thalaron mines are implemented in the game.

I see one, set aside all concerns to point my hand phaser at it and start blasting, and I've never been able to damage them enough to destroy them before they trigger (or come close to)with my science captain. They're too tough! >_<
Lt. Commander
# 114
03-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post

What the other guy said. Disintegrated people can totally be revived. It's been happening for as long as I've played the game.

Funny note on this topic:
I ran that Cardassian mission with a friend of mine, the one where you go in the room and the gas makes it so you can target each other. Well, he managed to disintegrate me with an exploit show. So I told him tough luck go finish the mission on your own. After clearing out one room he got annoyed and came back to the spot I was disintegrated and was able to Rez me. I thought that was hilarious. :p
Lt. Commander
# 115
03-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrshran View Post
sorry Neowolf, but i can absolutely confirm that disintegrated enemies can be revived. It's been happening since game start so it is not just the thalaron weapons- you don't see it often cos most people will take out the medic capable of reviving enemies first, but if you don't you WILL see this happen. From my observations i believe they just cloak the body then play the vaporization animation rather than removing the body copletely: could be wrong there though.
Yup. Going on since closed beta. Any high level medics (including Centurion and Fed Combat Medics) will do this.
Lt. Commander
# 116
03-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrshran View Post
Well im not going to argue the point I will just say i've been here since relatively early beta and ive never seen it happen, but then as you note i am one of those who targets medics FIRST so perhaps they just never get the chance where im concerned.

though I will also say as far as mechanics go im not sure how that is even working If it is working as you guys seem to think, as like I said before to resuscitate someone they/we need a targetable body, when something is disintegrated (like killing via an Exploit weapon) and not just petrified (what the thalaron mine does) there is no targetable corpse left TO target.
Lt. Commander
# 117
03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I've grown to really dislike the way Thalaron mines are implemented in the game.

I see one, set aside all concerns to point my hand phaser at it and start blasting, and I've never been able to damage them enough to destroy them before they trigger (or come close to)with my science captain. They're too tough! >_<
I tend to find shooting the mine is largely pointless just either move out of the area of effect in which case the mine can do nothing to you at all or kill the engineer who summoned the drone that laid the mine, if he goes down his drone and mine vanish.
Lt. Commander
# 118
03-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
my only complaint is the tractor beam mine being the finale mission reward. the reman boff was awesome. but i dont use mines and felt a bit let down realizing cryptic decided to give us a reward for an FE that was playstyle specific.

other then that, great job cryptic. your FEs are really impressing me. and will keep my sub active simply because your showing that this game can go alot farther then alot of naysayers have stated.
I agree about the mine rewards. Its the second one we got and i don't use mines either. Please no more mine rewards or give us more choices please.
Lt. Commander
# 119
03-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I really enjoyed this mission, especially the lay-out of the last map. It was nice to see such a change to the progress of a mission map.

I also second the issue with the rewards. Gravity Mines are neat and kitchy, but I would have prefered a different reward. And while I love getting more neat alien Bridge Officers, I'm annoyed that we can't put them into Starfleet Uniforms. Or even give them comm badges. First the Breen, now the Remans, I assume the Diplomatic Corp rewards are the same? That you can't give them starfleet uniforms?

Please, guys. If they're joining the crew, they're joining Starfleet. Let us customize their looks, and get them into a uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 120
03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
All told, I enjoyed this episode. Thanks, Cryptic!

I wanted to give you some feedback:

1) The first part of the mission is basically to blast your way into orbit over the Tal Shiar base. This was probably the most boring part. It was both too easy and too time-consuming as a solo mission. More enemy ships and fewer enemy space turrets would have been better, I think.

2) I liked the "virtual guide path" gimmick and I hope you port that functionality over to the Foundry.

3) I liked the 3-D map; it really added to the experience and made the map feel different from the same-old.

4) Thanks for giving us a Science Officer! I was afraid it would be another Tactical BO.

5) I liked that there were lots of things to do on the ground... it kept things interesting and felt more interactive and free-roaming (even though it really wasn't).

6) I had problems transferring from the ground map to the space map for the final battle and lost my connection. I was able to log back in, though, so maybe it was just a glitch?