Lt. Commander
Mission: Liars, and Tribbles, and Borg...
Project ID: ST-TUIPC8ISA
Description:

In most of my dialog, I have different officers speaking, e.g. I have Science Officer - Ship talking, then Tactical Officer - Ship talking. Everything worked as it should when I was testing the mission, but after I published, it seems that all the dialog boxes show the portrait of the first officer who spoke, that being the Science Officer - Ship.

I kept the mission published, so players could test it out and see if they have the same problem. My mission really depends on the dialog between different officers, so this bug is a mission killer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I havn't come across this issue. I have a mix of Ship officers. I know if you don't have a SCI in your away team and you have listed a SCI for for a popup it does requre to a default SCI officer. Possibly not the one you might prefer.

Of to play my own mission to see if there is a more recent bug. Might check yours out later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I copied a VA toon from Holodeck and played it with him. I have all my assignments set. I think what it's doing is taking the portrait from the first dialog box and then reusing it in error for the rest of the dialog boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_Alexander
Thanks for the reply. I copied a VA toon from Holodeck and played it with him. I have all my assignments set. I think what it's doing is taking the portrait from the first dialog box and then reusing it in error for the rest of the dialog boxes.
I just published my mission and it showed all the appropriate people talking.

What are the ranks of your boffs? Because the game will sometimes choose the highest ranked character, and I've seen that override the class setting. E.g. I had set a dialog for a science boff on the ship to say, but as I only had ensign sciences on the ship, it used the Lieutenant Commander engineer I had left behind instead.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I believe they were all Commanders. I was thinking it was because of that, but if so, that is a huge oversight in the code.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Are you using the advanced dialogue by any chance?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, I have long conversations between the officers in an advanced dialog tree. I fixed another issue by ending all the dialog with one checkered flag.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 09:55 AM
One checkered flag is good. Or at least have a fail linked to the other one. ("Hates this option." )

Advanced dialogue before or after a Place marker Bad.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
One checkered flag is good. Or at least have a fail linked to the other one. ("Hates this option." )

Advanced dialogue before or after a Place marker Bad.
True. That's why I had to end the dialog with one checked flag. Essentially the last dialog box that everything points to is a "let's move on" kinda thing. But that was an easy fix, this strange problem with the dialog portrait still has me scratching my head.

But it worked properly for a friend when she played my mission, so I made a few tweaks and republished it.