Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The issues with spam and broken mechanics is driving me crazy. And though I doubt I'll ever leave STO, I'm seem to walk away and participate in r/l activities more frequently of late.

What I would REALLY like to see, is the devs acknowledge there are people PvPing in this game. Heck, PvP issues are barely even mentioned in the Engineering Reports!

I would have been a LOT more content if I knew they were investigating an issue.

We often see things like "Under Investigation: On TNG uniform, 1 pip is missing from collar for some players"

What i WANT to see is "Under Investigation: Reports that Sci Team is not clearing debuffs as intended"

Please Cryptic, at least let us know that you are aware of the issues! Just to put our minds at rest!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Please Cryptic, at least let us know that you are aware of the issues! Just to put our minds at rest!
They dont care enough to do that
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2011, 06:50 AM
This may be why some have asked for more PVE content, knowing that PvP has been slowly allowed to get worse and worse.......
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
There was a time when I played this game daily, I was always here. I played with and against everyone at some point... even the Europeans knew who I was. lol It seemed like there was days I just didn't log out all day.
I actually started the game and checked whether you were still on my friends list, because I haven't seen you on in ages. And yes, you are still on the list, but it seems we haven't been on at the same time in the past weeks/months.

And you are not the only one. There are other players on my friends list who have either quit or are not playing as actively as they used to. And this leads to a downward spiral. With pugging becoming less and less enjoyable, every active friend less is a reason less to log on. Sometimes it almost feels as if i only log on because of habit, because that's what I have done every day for the last year and because there are still some friends left who I do not want to let down. And then of course because I still like this game and I wish it improved so I could go and tell all my lost friends that STO is fun again and they could return.

When I bought my lifetime membership during headstart after only two days of playing the game, I did it because I did not want to be "forced" to play the game just because I had payed for the month, I wanted the liberty to take a break and come back later. One year later, I still have not taken such a break. The sad thing is that I keep thinking - more often every week - that maybe the time for a break has come.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Rider26 View Post
They dont care enough to do that
but they did!
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Sometimes it almost feels as if i only log on because of habit...
Ditto

Sometimes I can barely bring myself to play. I just log on, stare at my character screen, and then log straight back out again at the thought of either levelling another toon or putting up with the PvCrap.