Lt. Commander
Just as title suggests, how bout adding an autofire option for certain space powers, such as Beam Overload/Fire at Will, Torpedo High-yield/Spread ect, but Hazard Emitters and Enginnering team, (heals in general) ect still manual only, maybe Gravity Well, ect autofiriing. After playing for a year now I feel like I did in WOW, I spend more time watching the ugly 2d interface/cooldowns than I do watching the beautiful 3d action going on.

Could add some kind of disadvantage to it (maybe so it doesn't work in PvP maps if that worries ppl), so its less effective than doing it manual, but anything to take eyes off of interface and more on the gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Macros
03-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Perhaps you could delve into the exciting world of keybinds?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow, I don't know. Autopilot seems like a bad idea. I can only imagine the complaint from people in PVP who are angry because their autopilot doesn't do it right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Just as title suggests, how bout adding an autofire option for certain space powers, such as Beam Overload/Fire at Will, Torpedo High-yield/Spread ect, but Hazard Emitters and Enginnering team, (heals in general) ect still manual only, maybe Gravity Well, ect autofiriing. After playing for a year now I feel like I did in WOW, I spend more time watching the ugly 2d interface/cooldowns than I do watching the beautiful 3d action going on.

Could add some kind of disadvantage to it (maybe so it doesn't work in PvP maps if that worries ppl), so its less effective than doing it manual, but anything to take eyes off of interface and more on the gameplay.
You are not really serious are you ? So you basically want the game to play itself with minimum interaction ?

How about they don't implement that and you just use the /demorecord function and watch what you did afterwards
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Perhaps you could delve into the exciting world of keybinds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
You are not really serious are you ? So you basically want the game to play itself with minimum interaction ?
Of course I use keybinds, still have to wait/watch for CD's, or you could just mash buttons. No, I want to play the game without staring at my UI. (ex-WoW healer) And I wouldn't necessarily call mashing the keyboard till something goes off, gameplay anyway.

And there is still plenty to do even if some powers were autofire, healing, turn facing shield, route shield power, route power in general, line up arcs, brace impact, ect, you just don't stand and shoot in space, have to line up weapons, even out the damage, ect That's why I said make it less effective than doing it manual jeez, just like how autofiring weapons is screwy at times (not firing torpedoes, or it "does" but does no damage and invokes the CD anyway, or you try to fire while its autofiring and there's a five sec delay) And if ppl don't like it, then they don't use it...

That's kind of why I like ground combat, plenty of powers to use, but not so many that you have to worry about watching 7+ different cooldowns. That's why I said "some powers" I didn't say all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko

I've setup my G15 to cycle certain abilities over and over so I don't have to watch them like Beam Overload, Power to Weapons, Alpha, Tactical Fleet, Brace for Impact and Tactical Initiative at the front of the macro to lower the CD on what I can right away, to name a few. I micro manage the heals, but I have all my hull repair abilites on one G-key so I don't have to think about it. The way this game is, when we need our hull heal for example, we need all of it, not certain abilities for certain times.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I would more favor powers being longer in duration or stronger in effect, with longer cool downs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I would more favor powers being longer in duration or stronger in effect, with longer cool downs.
How about both longer duration and stronger effect? I'd still macro the hell out of the bar if they did this, but they won't I'm guessing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
How about both longer duration and stronger effect? I'd still macro the hell out of the bar if they did this, but they won't I'm guessing.
People already macro the hell out of it, so I doubt that would change anything.

I don't macro, because I really don't take my MMOG playing that seriously.