Lt. Commander
Greetings,

I had a vision: Use a map/route more then once.

The situation is this: 2 rooms, 1 corridor inbetween.

Beam in, room A. Objective is in room B so need to run through the corridor. Objective is complete, next objective is back in Room A, so player runs through the same corridor to the point of arrival.

I wanted to be able to spawn a forcefield and a plasma fire upon reaching a marker inside the corridor the SECOND time a player runs through the corridor passing that Place Marker. So, I linked the Place Marker to Objective Complete of the first objective.

This does not work, however. The Place Marker is active the FIRST time a player crosses the corridor and thus seems not to be linked to the first objective.

This is unfortunate, because if this were possible, us writers would be possible to use more dimensions using a single map for all players to enjoy. Not a one-way street. Please consider the pro's on this, because there are many, many possibilities if we would be able to use such an option.

Thank you again for your great works on the Foundry!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
You can't use the same object twice. You have to put down a second reach marker.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM
That was not my question, actually :-)

I wasn't talking about using the same Place Marker twice, I was talking about using it once but at a different timing in the game at the same map.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
What if you were to use the place marker as an actual objective? Like "Go Back To <Room A>" or something. And you could set the waypoint to None so you don't see the circle. And you can set its radius to however large you need?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 05:18 AM
I would solve it like this:

Create 3 markers - 2 in the corridor and 1 in room B. Set the second marker in the corridor to be hidden an make the room B marker trigger this second marker into visible. This way you don't even have to make an objective.

Of course, if you want to use objectives you can set the secorn corridor marker to become visible (you can still deactivate the waypoint feature so it won't show up on the map) once the objective in room B is complete.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that you don't want something to happen the first time you pass the corridor. In that case, 1 marker is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_Alexander
What if you were to use the place marker as an actual objective? Like "Go Back To <Room A>" or something. And you could set the waypoint to None so you don't see the circle. And you can set its radius to however large you need?
Yes, I used that as well. But the problem remains a Place Marker is ALWAYS acive, even if you change it to hidden until Objective X is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
I would solve it like this:

Create 3 markers - 2 in the corridor and 1 in room B. Set the second marker in the corridor to be hidden an make the room B marker trigger this second marker into visible. This way you don't even have to make an objective.

Of course, if you want to use objectives you can set the secorn corridor marker to become visible (you can still deactivate the waypoint feature so it won't show up on the map) once the objective in room B is complete.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that you don't want something to happen the first time you pass the corridor. In that case, 1 marker is enough.
Yes, but there's the problem of the fact markers can't be set to invisible or triggered to be visible. Well, they can be set to invisible, but it doesn't work. They are always visible and thus active the first time you cross the hall. Triggering a marker with a marker, therefor, also does not work. I tried all these things already hehe.

Thanks for your answers and suggestions anyway guys :-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, now I see what you plan to do and the bug.

The reach markers are always active even if they should be hidden until later events.
I tried Objective and Component triggers as well. The reach markers ignore them all and spawn up immediately.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
It looks like no matter what, markers are always "visible". Thanks for the info on this, all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks ZeroniusRex, I look forward to the next update.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes... waiting on this fix myself... it would make my life much easier... and would make some map re-use possible(maybe?) in some limited instances which would help out a lot.