Lt. Commander
# 51
03-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcan1701 View Post
Do they have the TV series writers helping them? Because this Episode felt more like Star Trek than has been around in a long while. I can't explain it, but it felt very similar to ST VI. A good Trek story all around, and now I can't wait to see how the Romulan front unfolds in the series. I wouldn't be too surprised if they became end-game material, stronger than the Borg. That's the direction it seems to be heading.
I think the writers might just get more time with their stories now then they did when they had to churn out content for 50 episodes within one year or so.

The mission "depth" and potential has also considerably improved because the tools used by the devs themselves have improved. At least that is what the devs (or dstahl) are saying. I suspect a lot of "simple" things used to take a lot more effort and time to do then now.

Using the Foundry today is a breeze (well, not right today, as it's still down) to create a simple mission. The first Genesis missions were apparantly designed with a simple, text-based precursor to the Foundry. If that is the pace the dev tools have advanced over the past year or so... No surprise the quality of the missions itself is improving as well.
Lt. Commander
# 52 Ending
03-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Maybe it was in the knowing to beam out but I have to say it was great after i did all they ask.
The end was most fun with hakeev first i thought they made a shuttle come down looking for me or my ship in orbit shooting up the place or what happened beam out.

It was exciting for moment I thought i would be beamed out by obesek himself .
But both races was nice for playing the mission Klingon and Federation.
Only from the Klingon I expected a bit more aggressive approach.

Well overall game I give 8+

One thing they did wrong that was the Klingon side that was the beam out it was blue and not red / orange .
And indeed I found the martial arts bit week also you just could use your weapons little strange .
And it had a little failure because when prisoner 1478 was hold ed i suspected already something .
And when I read mission logs I knew it for sure that he was an traitor .
Well I'm looking forward to saturday already !!

Greets Jetal !!
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Whenever you are lost open your area map and zoom in, there are always cicles indicating the mission goal areas. The radar map also has a zoom function. Btw, deserts are meant to be somewhat tricky.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
The fight music was a nice touch. I find it funny that people refer to the music as the Amok Time music. Although Amok Time was the first time this music was used, it has actually be been re-used several times afterward.
"Please rise for our national anthem."
Lt. Commander
# 55 my review
03-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Part 1 Memerizing Monolith: I found it annoying that the tractor beam's radius on the satellite is larger than the radius to transport into it. The mapmakers should fix that

Part 2 Rewired Relic: Okay so what's the tally for the puzzles we've had to solve in this game so far? In Quarantine it was chemistry, in Cold Case it was medicine. Now it's math problems and computer programming?? Will we see missions later that address biology and physics too?

Part 3 Fight For Your Right: This particular map seemed out of place with the entire plot. So the Romulans just like to play with their prisoners before killing them; what a surprise (ST Generations, anyone?). I'm not sure what role Haakev plays but I'll study it closer when I replay it in a couple weeks.

The uncommon/rare/extremely rare weapons that are in the beginning area were not meant to be farmed I think, but that is exactly what is happening.

Part 4 Marooned: Slamek is a race traitor! He'd sell out his children to curry favor with his Master, and I find his whining "I tire of this life" "I have lost everything" to be annoying.

However I say good job on the environment, and the quests tailored to your captain's specialization. Playing "Amok Time" was a nice touch, though the theme from "Gamesters of Triskelion" would have been more apropos
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Over all I enjoyed the coliseum, what I didn't like was only minor.

Your inventory should be removed for this quest. All your armor and shields to make it feel you were taken prisoner. ( So injuries for this quest should be disabled.)

What I did like was the way they ordered you around. You were only there to perform if not, you would die.

Back in open beta I stopped reading the dialog boxes. Because they popped up and obstructed your view. The majority of information in them was useless because you already knew it from the objectives box under the mini map. So I tried to close them as quickly as possible.

So I died three times trying to melee the worm. It would have been epic to melee him. The idea of consoles in the arena they controlled the disruptor turrets was really far fetched. I really doubt the Tal' Shir would build a coliseum for people to fight in and give them access to disruptor turrets. That could be used potentially used against them.

Me defending the Reman so he can hack the door panel so we could escape was great. I can believe a door panel being in there.

When we got out he said to use the cover of the mountains so the fighter wouldn't spot us and fire on us. Which I did but it didn't matter. You can just run to the rock in the open they wont fire on you.

I think if you run out in the open they should fire on you and kill you. If you stay in the shadows of the mountain they wouldn't see you.

Another minor nit pick is the pool should of have been in the cave. When I saw it out in the desert my First thought was yeah that would have evaporated.

I did love how they put three maps together for the quest. I hope they start to make these maps larger from now on.

I did enjoy this quest.