Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I must admit I would have preferred the "unique" rewards be infinity symboled and level up with you as having to re-do these mission every new promotion is a bit tedious, but I can lso see why they've changed it so we have to to a point.

A lot of work and effort goes into making these so it is only fair that some reason for replaying them be included however tedious it can be.

I definitely wish they wouldnt do it with COSMETIC affecting items like the Reman shield though, but then I'd wish cosmetic changes were "UNLOCKED" once obtained like they did in Champions so that they could be applied to your other ships whether you have the original piece that unlcoked it on every one or not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2011, 09:32 AM
not every item should scale with these FE otherwise you'd get all this uber gear at lt rank and never need anything new.

im of the opinion if you want it then work for it, none of this equipment is essential. nothing is needed to progress.

grinding repeatable missions is a part of mmo's. sto is one of the easiest to actually get items using the minimal of grind. if playing one of the best episodes in the game a few times means thats what i and everybody else has to do then so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1
or could be fact that no level items are low end junk, and are weaker than lvl specific items, and devs decided give us some good ship components not low end garbage.
Except the difference was so slight and most missions that offered leveling rewards also had level specific options. Besides, this was at best a problem with the implementation of leveling items which should have automatically leveled to the max gear a player could use by basing them on the players rank, not a formula based off their level.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
not every item should scale with these FE otherwise you'd get all this uber gear at lt rank and never need anything new.

im of the opinion if you want it then work for it, none of this equipment is essential. nothing is needed to progress.

grinding repeatable missions is a part of mmo's. sto is one of the easiest to actually get items using the minimal of grind. if playing one of the best episodes in the game a few times means thats what i and everybody else has to do then so be it.
I agree. If you want a game with no grinding then play a non-MMO game. If you play a F2P MMO it is all about grinding.