Lt. Commander
# 661
03-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
And I think they are a great starting point. I usually use yur guide for all my Foundry missions. I said it a couple of times already but let me say it again: Thank you, your guide helps me so much!
You're very welcome.

----------------------------

Seven of Nine updates are done. More to come.

Lt. Commander
# 662
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
The TNG Series and TNG Cadet uniforms have been updated. More to come.

Lt. Commander
# 663
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
The Counselor Troi Uniform updates are done and up. Note a minor change to Counselor Troi 4 updating the collar trim to a more canon gray rather than the black that was indicated before.

The other uniforms have simply been updated with the new badge graphics. The colors remain the same as before.

Lt. Commander
# 664
03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRaktajino
Would it be so hard for Cryptic to make a "default colors" option for all these uniforms so we don't have to kill ourselves like this?
I agree. It's a pain having to count down the squares of colours until I find the one used in Blackavaar's guides. Having the colours there right off from the start would make things a wee bit easier. There should be some sort of default setting for those fans who like to keep the colours strict to canon.
Lt. Commander
# 665
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
The TNG Film and Red Squad updates are complete. Just a few more to go.

Lt. Commander
# 666
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
I agree. It's a pain having to count down the squares of colours until I find the one used in Blackavaar's guides. Having the colours there right off from the start would make things a wee bit easier. There should be some sort of default setting for those fans who like to keep the colours strict to canon.
As I explained above that would be hard to do and would only be able to represent the standard canon uniforms at most. Any variants (medical, cadet, mirror) would still need to be manually set. Also, they would still be wrong anyway, because in canon Red does not equal Tactical and Gold does not equal Engineer.

Personally, I think that adding a color and number designation to each row and column like this to the in-game color pallet would make it easier.

Lt. Commander
# 667
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The TNG Film and Red Squad updates are complete. Just a few more to go.

Great news! Thanks!.

Quote:
As I explained above that would be hard to do and would only be able to represent the standard canon uniforms at most. Any variants (medical, cadet, mirror) would still need to be manually set. Also, they would still be wrong anyway, because in canon Red does not equal Tactical and Gold does not equal Engineer.

Personally, I think that adding a color and number designation to each row and column like this to the in-game color pallet would make it easier.

Sorry about that. Had I seen your earlier post I wouldn't have brought this subject again. Your idea would make it easier and hope you or someone puts it forward as a suggestion to STO's PTB.

I don't suppose there's been anything from the devs about whether they have any plans to add changeable rank insignia to the TWOK uniforms? Given the freedom of uniform usage Starfleet have nowadays, I'd very much like one of my BO's to be a time transplanted officer from the late 23rd century and have him or her still wearing TWOK uniform but don't feel right having them in it and wearing the captain's rank insigna...unless I made them my XO or Chief Engineer just as Captain Spock was XO and Captain Scott was Chief Engineer to Captain Kirk on the Enterprise-A.
Lt. Commander
# 668
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:

I think that would be a great idea! Have you bought this up with TPTB?

As it is now, I would very much like your permission to copy this for my personal use to better ID the existing colors. Would that be okay?

Paul
Lt. Commander
# 669
03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Sorry about that. Had I seen your earlier post I wouldn't have brought this subject again. Your idea would make it easier and hope you or someone puts it forward as a suggestion to STO's PTB.
No worries, man. I have sugegsted it before, but it has been a while. Perhaps it is time to bring it up again.

Quote:
I don't suppose there's been anything from the devs about whether they have any plans to add changeable rank insignia to the TWOK uniforms? Given the freedom of uniform usage Starfleet have nowadays, I'd very much like one of my BO's to be a time transplanted officer from the late 23rd century and have him or her still wearing TWOK uniform but don't feel right having them in it and wearing the captain's rank insigna...unless I made them my XO or Chief Engineer just as Captain Spock was XO and Captain Scott was Chief Engineer to Captain Kirk on the Enterprise-A.
Nothing that I have seen. However, there is the possibility that such updates could be done along with the TOS pack, since the films count as part of TOS. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see the WoK uniform updated when the pack is released. If so, I'll have to update all of those guides as well, despite the fact that I think the new version of the belt buckle looks like crap and doesn't look enough like the canon buckle. But then maybe they'll update that too. Hope hope.

-------------------------------------------

Oh and by the by, the Voyager updates are up. Just have to fix the wallpapers now then I'll have time to finish a surprise for you all.

Lt. Commander
# 670
03-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
No worries, man. I have sugegsted it before, but it has been a while. Perhaps it is time to bring it up again.
I reckon so. It's certainly an idea that shouldn't just be allowed to fall by the wayside.

Quote:
Nothing that I have seen. However, there is the possibility that such updates could be done along with the TOS pack, since the films count as part of TOS. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see the WoK uniform updated when the pack is released. If so, I'll have to update all of those guides as well, despite the fact that I think the new version of the belt buckle looks like crap and doesn't look enough like the canon buckle. But then maybe they'll update that too. Hope hope.

It's safe to say that there's a little bit of work needed on the WoK uniform but I'm sure the devs will provide the improvements in time.

Speaking of improvements...has there also been any word on the devs possibly letting the lines to blur between all the different uniforms by allowing, for instance, the rank insignias to be interchangeable between all the various uniforms? I'd very much like the opportunity to use the TOS rank braid on the TNG uniforms and...well...just basically mix it up more. I'm sure fans would welcome IDIC with the uniforms.

Quote:
-------------------------------------------

Oh and by the by, the Voyager updates are up. Just have to fix the wallpapers now then I'll have time to finish a surprise for you all.
Quote:

Just looked at the VOY updates! Looking good! Can't wait to see what this surprise is that you've got in store.