Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Mobile App
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
One thing that I think would be awesome would be the development of a mobile extension to STO.

Basically a cell phone or tablet application which could allow you to either play mini-games, craft, manage fleets, built-in forums browser, etc.

It'd need to be something that would provide you with in game benefits. PLUS, I do see the awesome potential for an LCARS interface for it.

Anyone else have ideas or suggestions?

. . . ok . . . really I just want this app created so I can pretend that my future iPad is a PADD.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM
There have been a number of topics on this matter. Sadly none of these are Cryptic supported and were created by independants who charged money for the App. Since we cannot allow Solicitation on these forums, I need to point out that such discussion is not allowed.

Right now we do not plan any Apps for CO or STO at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Right now we do not plan any Apps for CO or STO at this time.
I wonder if that has anything to do with CO already having a Cryptic Made App.

http://www.champions-online.com/companion
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q

that hasn't been in the app store for almost a year
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
that hasn't been in the app store for almost a year
Quite true, this is a discontinued project (which also should no longer be directly linked on the homepage from what I can see).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q

I looked a the features and 75% of them can be done without any sort of proprietary interface. Unfortunately at the moment, the captains database is not really working. The rest can be mined through web requests to the site. In game chat is XMPP.. and voice chat... who knows since they are partnering with a 3rd party company, they might provide something that could allow it or it might use open standards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
There is nothing a spec app could do and a browser can't do for you. There is no feed of any kind from the game or to the game. Save for the chat if you can (and want to) make it work and the half broken captain's database.

The Dabo minigame is very boring. Requires zero skill to play and minimal effort to make a stand alone game like that (if not done already in 10x different forms).
Crafting. Um, it takes an hour to collect enough samples for 2 minutes of worth of "crafting". You plan to spend two days of sample collecting to be able to craft 20 minutes on the app?

If you are 110% dedicated to play STO anytime anywhere you can get one of those VNC apps for IPad and rig it up to your computer.