Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm sure most people would welcome a PvP sector...but it would hardly be simple to implement it
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
When I look at your sig Captain Data (at least on this MacBook Pro) it looks like the text in Blue is sinking into the page while the Red and white are popping out Have video games finally destroyed my depth perception?
That's a common optical illusion; it occurs any time you have brightly colored red and blue elements next to each other, and it's due to the difference in refraction between red and blue light in the eye.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/sl...sions-and-love
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I'm sure most people would welcome a PvP sector...but it would hardly be simple to implement it
Not really, unless people expect PVP encounters by intercepting opposing players in sector space. Which I believe the Dev Team mentioned once regarding opening up all sectors to Klingon players.

The real trick would be to how to arrange the sector itself. Would we seperate the exiting zones and put a sector between Eta Eridani and Omega Leonis, or would be have entry points in these sectors and mark them as "Neutral zone", which takes us to spots along the Neutral Zone (similar to the Nebulae in Omega Leonis).

(Personally, I rather have it seperating current sectors to make it feel larger, and we can include canonical places like Organia).

And planets within these Neutral Zone or Warzone sectors would be places PvP would occur. We could have Open PvP in orbit with various kinds of obstacles like dampening fields and micro nebulae. And on the ground we have obejctives in a competitive manner. Perhaps some zones have old school dungeons, where PvPers could battle it out and whoever wins would be the ones to raid for some unique items thats on a random respawn timer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2011, 11:33 PM
So as a basic system design, use Ker'rat, though hopefully with much LESS PvE.

This suggestion is technically feasible within the current capabilities of STO.