Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 141
03-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
CHAD, please please take away the ability for these mines to detect and attack cloaked ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
IIRC TARGETING has been complained about a lot on these forums, with a consensus that there are issues. Any reason why you refuse to comment on these concerns ???
This is just an issue of a few joining in me-too style to what was a legitimite concern. There is no reason that the mines wouldn't detect and tractor a cloaked ship that was within their range just as a ship can. Also, apart from it making sense as it is, it is a very good mechanism and should not be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Thank you for clarifying.I am sorry you see almost all pvpers as whiners , thats a very harsh and heavy statement.

If i had to guess i would assume you haven't pvp'ed much , but if you have then you are just judging the whole community by the actions of a small minority inside the minority of pvper's.
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Shouldn't the Devidian Subspace Field modulator be on the nerf list?
Right, I forgot.

Though my list is probably flawed anyway.

If the definition of "very cool" indicates "overpowered" (because otherwise it's just one of many boring standard options, right?), then of course only the stuff that was very cool was nerfed, and the rest that was or was not nerfed was just never cool to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 144
03-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Pop Quiz: Name one FE story series where a very cool item has been awarded and then summarily NOT nerfed because of QQ. *hums the Jeopardy theme* None!
As far as I know the Type 3 phaser rifle has not been nerfed.
[in case you wonder whether the type 3 is "very cool" enough: go into LtC/Cmdr level pvp with it as a tactical]

And has there been any change to the freeze gun? I honestly cannot remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Heck even when we get non combat rewards that have no effect at ll on combat you cry. Oh noes my reward was a Horta! how does that help me in PvP?
I cannot recall any complaints regarding the horta pet from the pvp players. And I don't think it was the pvp community who got the biothermal dampener nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 145
03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Sadly this thread has now stopped being a useful discussion. I'm closing it due to the direction the bashing has taken.
Lt. Commander
# 146
03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I am only going to mention Subspace Field Modulator. Why the hell did you make it unique if it has a Global Cooldown!?

I play both PVE and PVP. The Fighter Nerf doesn't bother me. The Mine nerf doesn't bother me. But for the past week this has been bothering me.

Edit: When I asked a dev about why the Subspace got Unique'd in TTS about a week ago I got the Equivalent of "FU".
Lt. Commander
# 147
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Some items just need to be designed to have dual uses for PVP balancing issues.
Lt. Commander
# 148
03-10-2011, 09:08 AM
There has been alot of talk and discssion and complaining about the tractor beam mines of late. The discussion should be about all mines. They are all spam and are not used as intended. All of the suggestions for the tractor beam mines should be applied to ALL mines.

You know that mines are a DEFENSIVE weapon, not offensive and like some things that are disabled when one becomes engaged in combat, should not be usable during combat periods. This would end the mine spam for the most part.

We as a pvp community need to stand up and not do the spam thing, no matter what is being used as spam. Spam is spam, no matter how you look at it, and laying mines just to **** people off is not a good thing.

Is there nothing we as a community can do?
Closed Thread