Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Slight tangent, but certainly related regarding vendors...

Ive tried selling common items (whites) to the vendors on ESD - most notably that dodgy little Ferengi in Club 47, and often find myself throwing the unwanteds directly in to my replicator which is actually giving me MORE on recycling than the merchant was offering.

Is there a difference between the vendors in how much they offer for gear? And which are usually the best ones?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Ferengi traders buy at 30% face value.
Civilian NPCs and replicator at 40%.
Starfleet equipment vendors at 50%.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
But the OP has said that he was just going back and doing some old Lt missions that he never completed. Everything in those missions that drops will pretty much be useless to him, especially white ones. Why would you want mark II items when you are a commander or captain? Even shields and engines aren't worth that much in EC at that level. You only get a few thousand EC at the most for vendoring them. My suggestion was for the OPs situation specifically. OF COURSE IF YOU ARE LOW LEVEL, you take everything.
Then the problem is ovious, I completely misread what he was stating (I read it, but didn't absorb it).
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Slight tangent, but certainly related regarding vendors...

Ive tried selling common items (whites) to the vendors on ESD - most notably that dodgy little Ferengi in Club 47, and often find myself throwing the unwanteds directly in to my replicator which is actually giving me MORE on recycling than the merchant was offering.

Is there a difference between the vendors in how much they offer for gear? And which are usually the best ones?
Never sell to the Ferengi they cannot be trusted. Sell to a Federation vendor.