Lt. Commander
# 31
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanPhsyco
It's what enabled Star Trek to actually invent the idea in the first place, after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Wait...Star Trek invented Fan Fiction?

Is that you Superlink?
Quote:
No.
Now I'm suspicious.... :p
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Nah, It's not Caboose. Caboose capitalizes at random and usually manages to make me stare blankly at the screen while I try to decipher his fractal sentences.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
No. And Star Trek invented the modern concept of fanfiction. Really, it invented the modern concept of Fandom as we know it. Other works helped codify and refine, grant you, but they all owe it to Star Trek.

Incidentially: Pony Vulcan
You do realize that ancient philosophers and fanfic fans (apparently) Plato and Xenophon called out prolific FanFic writer of the day Aeschylus for mischaracterizing Achilles and Patroclus from The Iliad. Yeah, that's right. Two of the most important philosophers of ancient Greece, in seminal works that are studied to this day, were critiquing fan fiction. A slashfic at that! Interestingly enough, both had different viewpoints on the relationship. Xenophon thought they were just good friends. Plato thought Achilles should be the dominant while Patroclus was the sub.

Reminds me of a lot of Kirk/Spock works out there...

Star Trek in no way, shape, or form did anything for Fan Fiction besides provide another setting for it to occur in.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Didn't the cave men draw pictures of their prey on the walls because they thought they were cool? That's fanfic, right?
Lt. Commander
# 35 wohoot 20% is the norm
03-10-2011, 06:44 AM
lets move this to the foundry section, I want Equestria to become a c-store map
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-10-2011, 07:09 AM
I think the real heart of the matter, that you are all missing is this; what kind of bacon for a thursday?
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
I think the real heart of the matter, that you are all missing is this; what kind of bacon for a thursday?
Drive-Thru Bacon
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
lets move this to the foundry section, I want Equestria to become a c-store map
Yes. This. So hard.

Complete with Ponnyville and Everfree forrest.

The Parasprites and Tribbles will have to compete for resources MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

(PS. Love your Avatar, it's so true)

EDIT: I'm thinking of writing a Star Trek/FiM crossover. But while I do want to do one, I'm having trouble devising how to make it work. Firstly, I'm thinking of one with the TOS or nuTrek cast and crew, with one of the FiM main cast finding themselves on the Enterprise. Still need a reason why, though, hmm....
Lt. Commander
# 39 Colour Coordination
03-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Thank you Vulcan, it is a pleasant surprise to see that Vulcans are capable of colour coordination, and they can talk about their feelings at the same time *ZING*

My little Romulan Pony would love to have a stroll through Everfree Forrest, maybe if we talk to the Klingons and explain how the Borg feel about friendship we can use the force of harmony to make them get a long....

How about that as plot for your crossover project??
Ensign
# 40
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Sir, this is Captain Tricker of the U.S.S. Entrickerprise D, Captain rank and I would like to object for the binding of STO and MLP. It would cause complete chaos and I would basically duel anyone on my vicinity and I would NEVER want to betray the Federation. So if you bind them then I shall personally hunt you down with my Galaxy class. Make a decision in a reply.
Closed Thread