Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
03-11-2011, 05:49 AM
[quote=Roach;3423991]
Quote:
I challenge you ( a suppossed intelligent and bright human) to go the any Nuclear refinement facility and back engineer the device that refines the fuel for your nuclear power plants. Go to Intell and back engineer the machine that makes processors. I dare you to back engineer anything that requires more than the most basic of skills without the knowledge of the sciences that are required.
Its doubtful you could even back engineer a simple black powder weapon without accidentally killing yourself in the end.

The warrior is only part of a soceity based on warfare. For every warrior out there on the field of battle is a support structure of house Engineers and Scientists that create, design and manufacture the tools of warfare. We may not spend time making trinkets to wile away the hours and occupy our minds with decadent distractions as the humans do, but we certainly have the individuals whom know the sciences and processes needed to keep our arsenal going.
The only thing I see that the humans of Star Fleet are truelly adept at is insulting the intelligence of others and passing judgement based on thier own narrow minded point of view.
Humans only club indeed. The arrogance of the human race is what feeds the war more than anything else.
How did we end up here again?

Klingons don't really have problems getting new or improved technologies. Klingons are honorable traders, like how they got cloaking tech.

A Klingon with a fully charged Disruptor is something that most intelligent races just can't say no to
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-11-2011, 06:12 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I didn't bite my tongue and remain silent in the face of Human arrogance and responded to the standard "hard canon" defense that only HC is a representation of the any alien race within the ST genre.
What can I say, I'm passionette in the face of arrogance.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-11-2011, 07:09 AM
The war will continue because

a) From a PvP standpoint, what do we replace the Klingons with? There's no Romulan faction, nor any other faction for that matter.

b) Klingon politics are as much another kind of war as fleet actions are. Even if a number of Houses had alliances with Starfleet, there would still be other Houses with a different view and willing to use the conflict to increase their standing in the Empire.

c) Klingons do not look forward to growing old and weak and dying in bed. They want to die in battle. It's a glory thing. You notice the Klingons serving in Starfleet? They aren't xenobotanists, for crying out loud.

d) Territory and Trust. It all comes back to those, eventually.

The Federation and the Klingon Empire had a Peace Treaty because a measure of trust had been established due to Starfleet's "humanitarian" assistance on a number of occasions and the dedication of Federation diplomats seeking such a Treaty. And because it was convenient for the Ruling Houses at that particular time. The Undine and the subsequent actions of the Federation destroyed that trust and the Federation as a whole has not regained it. But there are those in the Empire who do have a balanced view of the Federation and recognize that they are not all dishonorable cowards. It cannot be lost on every Klingon that the Kuvah'Magh is part human and serves in Starfleet. Trust may be reestablished eventually, but probably not for a very long time.

Especially since there's another factor involved: Territory. The Klingon Empire must expand and it must confront its' enemies in battle. It's practically a racial imperative. Starfleet is continually interfering with the expansion of the Empire, the Empire's internal politics, and its' right to rule its' vassal worlds. There can be no lasting peace while such intolerable meddling is going on. Better to weaken the Federation so that it is incapable of interference.
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
My main just insulted all of you Fedrats' mothers in the Pi Canis Sector,

Still want peace?

If so you're a coward. Catch-22.
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
My main just insulted all of you Fedrats' mothers in the Pi Canis Sector,

Still want peace?

If so you're a coward. Catch-22.
Better to be a coward than a shameless killer.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
The war will continue because

a) From a PvP standpoint, what do we replace the Klingons with? There's no Romulan faction, nor any other faction for that matter.
Sorry but: ********. Most PVP is FvF now and there is no Federation-Federation war. The way pvp works now, no one with a brain cares about a "story backfgound"- even if, Klingons vs Federation PVP can be explained as "wargames", like FvF and I dont believe anybody would care. Also it would make mixed teams versions possible wich are quiet intresting in my opinion.
That might be diffrent if we would have some kind of terretory controll ect, but that way.... no, no war needet for pvp.

However... the reveals are not really a reason to end that war; like Gowron said when he found out that the Martok-changeling pushed the Fed/kling conflict in ds9 to Worf "If your klingon blood wasnt so thing you would know that ones battle has begun there can be no turning back."
Also, I still believe that this Jem'pok-idiot is a changeling/undine anyway. (I still hope Martok faked his death, returns and kicks that guys *****. But well... faking death.... thats not the Klingon way, so thats not a really big hope^^)

That doesnt mean I like the fed-kling war. The Klingon-federation peace, starting in ST6, was for me one of the greatest moments in Star Trek history. Throwing that away simply for the benefit of having both fight each other somehow is something I coulndt hate more. The star trek universe has to offer more then enough enemys. And the Klingons were just more intresting as a little unpredictable allies then as enemys.

But in STO they are portrayed as nothing but dump space-orks, and I dont even want to start to talk again about what I thing about Ideas as retardet as a "orion-klingon"alliance....
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Roach your posts never fail to make me smile . o7
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-11-2011, 08:29 AM
What war?

I just got finished playing some of the Romulan Front Missions (not the Feature Episode series) and well, if that's what PEACE looks like, then the Feds and the Klinks seem to be best of friends.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Roach your posts never fail to make me smile . o7
lol- I'm happy they do so.
Impulse control is one of my many, many issues.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-11-2011, 09:19 AM
[quote=0Gambit0;3424022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

Klingons don't really have problems getting new or improved technologies. Klingons are honorable traders, like how they got cloaking tech.

A Klingon with a fully charged Disruptor is something that most intelligent races just can't say no to
dont worry he lost the plot when he said back engineer instead of reverse engineer and its quite easy to reverse engineer something you simply strip it down to its components and find out how each bit works and and what it does, its called industrial espionage.