Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
This is good advice for the ground portion of "Infected", I would just point out that the initial space portion may take a long time for those inexperienced with the encounter as well. Some people believe the ground portion is what is taking the longest when it can be the space portion that is causing the lengthy times.

I have seen my fair share of people who never grouped up and focused fire on the gate and trudged their way through wave after wave after wave of Borg ships coming through the gate. That can take a good amount of time if you do not have the right skills or understand the encounter.

very true...I usually enjoy the space part better, so I often overlook how long it really takes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I knew there was something wrong (and when I said 3 hours I ment 3 hours in the final room -- not the whole instance), just didn't know what needed fixing. Just ran it easy a few minutes ago. Thanks for info Shard-Warrior, that's exactly what was going on -- it was bugg'n out because more than one person was uploading the virus. I'm amazed that a important detail like that is overlooked in stowikia.

Thanks for the guide Hangover_Boy, the only other thing I didn't know (again -- lack of good info on the net), is the alcove trick. Thankfully, the team I just ran with did.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Amazing infomation of guide, it is very helpful for him i'd like to ask your permission to take your guide to my STOI website in Help Infomation to on about Infected Mission althrough i'm debating i should put all infomation of missions like this one in Mission Infomation with walkthrough etc.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMader
Yeah, I knew there was something wrong (and when I said 3 hours I ment 3 hours in the final room -- not the whole instance), just didn't know what needed fixing. Just ran it easy a few minutes ago. Thanks for info Shard-Warrior, that's exactly what was going on -- it was bugg'n out because more than one person was uploading the virus. I'm amazed that a important detail like that is overlooked in stowikia.

Thanks for the guide Hangover_Boy, the only other thing I didn't know (again -- lack of good info on the net), is the alcove trick. Thankfully, the team I just ran with did.
Glad I could help. I am not sure the corner node thing is on the STOWiki site because it is most likely a bug than it is how it is intended to work.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmmm....we had the opposite issue awhile ago. If only 1 person uploaded the virus, there was a chance it wouldn't work. In this case...all 3 of us that press the consoles also upload the virus together. This seems to work fine for us. We did have one point the shield around the first console shot back up but we had the room cleared and just ran back up to it last and dropped and scanned it again.

Now, I could be wrong if this is a new bug all the sudden. Like how KA is buggy, then fixed, but we got disconnected at a team in the 2nd space part. *shrugs