Lt. Commander
The game has always ran flawlessly for me until today. I was playing my Klingon character and in the middle of every mission I've been trying to do the game would just up and crash, I've reported a ticket, been looking through the forums for a solution, so I'm jkust curious, anyone else having this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Do you use a radeon graphics card?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes I do, but like i said before, never had a problem with it until today
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
How many shadowed lights do you have enable? 3 or more lights is tending to crash ATI cards.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
Yes I do, but like i said before, never had a problem with it until today
Have you updated your drivers recently? If so, I would recommend making sure you install the version that DOES NOT contain the "APP" software.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
How many shadowed lights do you have enable? 3 or more lights is tending to crash ATI cards.
And turning off postprocessing as well as lowering anti-aliasing seems to alleviate some problems. I recommend starting the game in safe mode and then adding a few effects at a time until you get something stable. When I first started playing STO last year I crashed all the time - just ALL the time. I ended up replacing the video card and got some better luck with ground missions, but still had some crashing. I turned off postprocessing, limited the framerate to 60 and turned down the settings slightly and it has been okay. It was also necessary to uninstall the ATI (AMD) drivers and install the ones that did NOT have the APP software.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys, I just reset it to default settings, I forgot a few weeks ago I put them all on the highest setting to see how far I can push my vid card lol. Anyways, that seemed to work, then again I've only been playiong my Fed since I did that, so still not sure if it's my settings or maybe that Klink PvE missions are bugged. But it still looks really good.