Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I know I can't use the "mine dispersal" abilities for the Breen cluster torpedo, however, I was wondering if I can use them with the new cloaked tractor mines?

Has anyone tried this yet?

PS: Where can we find the "dispersal pattern alpha" ability?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
The reason dispersal patterns can't be used with the Breen torpedo is because the weapon is a torpedo, not a mine. So yes it should work with the cloaked tractor mines because that weapon is a mine. However I haven't tested it so I can't guarantee that.

I believe you can teach dispersal pattern alpha at the bridge officer trainer on ESD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
The reason dispersal patterns can't be used with the Breen torpedo is because the weapon is a torpedo, not a mine. So yes it should work with the cloaked tractor mines because that weapon is a mine. However I haven't tested it so I can't guarantee that.

I believe you can teach dispersal pattern alpha at the bridge officer trainer on ESD.

Sorry, I was asking about the level 3 version of dispersal pattern alpha.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
Sorry, I was asking about the level 3 version of dispersal pattern alpha.
That would be completely the priveledge of a tactical officer fully specced into mines and mine dispersal patterns. Why would you want to sepend such a valubale tactical BO slot on that though? There isn't much difference between the ranks YET to justify it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
yes all dispersal pattern work, I saw a B'rel running around droping tractor EVERYWHERE!!!

I dont know what pattern he used but it was a huge sphere with about 15-20+ mines and 10km circle of all mines spread out and around.

It looks like it would work good until you find a Anti spm ship like me =), pvp premades are the only groups that can use this effectively and pve players
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronScarlet
yes all dispersal pattern work, I saw a B'rel running around droping tractor EVERYWHERE!!!
Do you know his name ?
I think it done against the players. Seriously, I've never seen it in Capture And Hold. Use 5 mines at once, that's enough.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 AM.