Lt. Commander
I know I can't use the "mine dispersal" abilities for the Breen cluster torpedo, however, I was wondering if I can use them with the new cloaked tractor mines?

Has anyone tried this yet?

PS: Where can we find the "dispersal pattern alpha" ability?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
The reason dispersal patterns can't be used with the Breen torpedo is because the weapon is a torpedo, not a mine. So yes it should work with the cloaked tractor mines because that weapon is a mine. However I haven't tested it so I can't guarantee that.

I believe you can teach dispersal pattern alpha at the bridge officer trainer on ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
The reason dispersal patterns can't be used with the Breen torpedo is because the weapon is a torpedo, not a mine. So yes it should work with the cloaked tractor mines because that weapon is a mine. However I haven't tested it so I can't guarantee that.

I believe you can teach dispersal pattern alpha at the bridge officer trainer on ESD.

Sorry, I was asking about the level 3 version of dispersal pattern alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
Sorry, I was asking about the level 3 version of dispersal pattern alpha.
That would be completely the priveledge of a tactical officer fully specced into mines and mine dispersal patterns. Why would you want to sepend such a valubale tactical BO slot on that though? There isn't much difference between the ranks YET to justify it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
yes all dispersal pattern work, I saw a B'rel running around droping tractor EVERYWHERE!!!

I dont know what pattern he used but it was a huge sphere with about 15-20+ mines and 10km circle of all mines spread out and around.

It looks like it would work good until you find a Anti spm ship like me =), pvp premades are the only groups that can use this effectively and pve players
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronScarlet
yes all dispersal pattern work, I saw a B'rel running around droping tractor EVERYWHERE!!!
Do you know his name ?
I think it done against the players. Seriously, I've never seen it in Capture And Hold. Use 5 mines at once, that's enough.