Lt. Commander
Okay I apologize. I know this is going to be not only a dumb question, but most likely a FAQ. That said, I'm going to ask it anyway...

Anyone know if the CE of STO still offers 1 free month with purchase? If so, how would one go about using said month while still paying monthly membership? Does it function like a coupon, or would it be necessary to cancel the monthly and reactivate following the free month?

DISCLAIMERS:
  • Yes, I understand this is more than one question.
  • Yes, I have checked the FAQ
  • Yes, I have Googled this question, though probably incorrectly, as it has yielded no usable results
  • Yes, I used the search function. See above.
  • I am very dumb, please be kind

Thanks in advance folks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
From my experience with other MMOs, usually what happens is once your current subscription is up, they sort of stick the free month in there before your next subscription begins.

So, if you did a 6-month subscription, for example, and renewed it, they'd stick the free month in between the two.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I still pay monthly. I bought a CE from Amazon on the cheap. People kept telling me I couldn't stack keys and get a free month. So rather than attempt it, I cancelled my renewal and allowed my subscription to end. The first day that it was inactive. I resubbed using the key from the CE. Got the month of credit from it, and my card wasn't hit until the next month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
IF you haven't purchased the CE before, you should get the credit for 30 days of free playtime upon entering the code. This code will only work once per 'box' type. For instance, you could get 30 days free to begin with from the standard version, another 30 days with the collecter's edition, and another 30 days with the digital deluxe edition. Beyond that, they won't work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks folks! Your information, and your patience, are greatly appreciated!