Lt. Commander
# 141
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
FOUR Questions

1. Star Trek Online has a large subscriber base, unfortunately we are tapping into only 5-10% of The Gaming Market. Any chance of taking Star Trek Online and porting it to The PS3 and XBOX 360 and bring in a larger game audience?

2. User doh123 has created a unOfficial Mac version of Star Trek Online, which works like a dream. Frame rate is amazing he truly did a great job. Do you guys have plans on taking his port and making it Official ... adding The Mac as a new platform?

3. OnLive is About to explode into the market by brining console level titles to Smartphones and Tablets... possibly within this year. Any chance you guys are going to work with this new service and bring Star Trek Online to a new audience and platform that will bring Star Trek Online ... portable?

4. Star Trek Online players spend a great deal of time ingame cleaning their inventory, selling on the exchange, updating skills, updating mission que, etc. instead of playing the game. And since people have only a limited time to play Star Trek Online each week could we see a way of taking care of these mundane tasks through alternate mediums like your iPhone or android device. It would be great to clean my inventory and post items on the exchange while on lunch or on the bus to work.

Thanks Cryptic for all your hard work. I remind my listeners all the time how awesome you guys are. Your community interaction is unparallel. You guys are the example by which other studios should follow.
Lt. Commander
# 142
02-27-2011, 10:13 AM
REMOVED, WRONG TOPIC
Lt. Commander
# 143
02-27-2011, 07:15 PM
1. Is there any plan to fix Terradome? Is the second Undine STF still in the works?
Lt. Commander
# 144
02-27-2011, 07:21 PM
When will we get the Vesta class starship?
Lt. Commander
# 145
02-27-2011, 08:44 PM
You ought to ask your questions in the Question Gathering for March thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203769
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Q: Kieshdor: Will we ever have a chance to obtain Atari Tokens in game?

A: We have discussed several options related to this, and the one that I'm in favor of is ensuring that anything you could buy externally for Atari Tokens can be found or obtained in game through in game currency. This will allow people who have limited funds to pick up costumes, species and other unlocks. I'm hopeful that by the time Season 4 rolls out, you'll see more items available for in game currency than ever before.
Even as a liftetime STO subscriber I liked seeing this (In the latest Ask Cryptic) from a dev team of a MMO, it says that you aren't just looking for the bottom line.
Lt. Commander
# 147
03-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm not big on the Romulans joining Feds / KDF

The Romulan Star Empire is MASSIVE, so much like the Feds don't fly to Earth, but rather have a large starbase, shouldn't the Romulans have a massive starbase as their new "home" / base of operations?

That would be pretty epic if the starbase was close enough to fractured Romulus that you could see it off in the distance.

I would personally LOVE to see "neutral" zones in between the KDF, Fed and Romulan sectors where PVP is optional, however if you cross into one of the other faction's territory, you are auto-open for PVP.

Kinda makes sense from a "war" standpoint. There's no reason to fly my D7 into Sol unless I want every Fed player flying towards me ready to rock and roll. Not that there couldn't be some prize for completing objectives in some enemy systems that grant nice rewards. Would kinda reward Fleets for acting like fleets and doing a "raid" together. Feds could be alerted and move in to fight / patrol.
Lt. Commander
# 148
03-12-2011, 04:28 AM
"Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea."

No thats a cop out, its not a new faction then, its just a new playable char with different ship skins.. though anything for a warbird.

"ensuring that anything you could buy externally for Atari Tokens can be found or obtained in game through in game currency"

Yea just for insane amounts that no one can really get without grinding for an idiotic time.. so pretty much forces people to pay.. you think we are all idiots ? lol

I dont mind paying for something I want, but comments like that annoy me.
Lt. Commander
# 149
03-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Please for the love of tRek doing more while Mr Nimoy is healthy is only logical..

SO fast track a Vulcan re unification SAga for a future Ep.. or loosen up the Foundry so we can do your work for you.

STO is in an ALt timeline has a different galactic map and can go anywhere with the LIC that doesn't totally disrespect the IP and loose the LIC for Cryptic.. is based more then 30 years after Lord Shinzon's Romulan
Parallel uni.. ect.. blah blah.. So its down to creativity and desire.. we have that cryptic has it.. the NEw Revisionist movies have their things its all good . .we all win something good.

So its reasonable to see separatist from colonial provinces defect to the Federation or form enclaves with Vulcan Intelligence Special Operations Group[s] out side more then a head nod or eye wink of UFP governing bodies.. Common ground for the cause of the Hobus Disaster is Ripe for joint actions.