03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Let us manually activate a Red Alert !?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breygorn View Post
Let us manually activate a Red Alert !?
That, and allow all cloaking ships to be able to cloak in Red Alert (except when getting hit by weapons fire, like the BoP's battle cloak allows you to do).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2011, 12:36 PM
This is not about "cloaks".
Besides, the Cloak and Battle Cloak work mostly as intended.

The idea of having a "Red Alert" available to activate would be great for RP,
not too mention the ambiance of activating it yourself to bring up weapons and shields.
This would be cool instead of relying upon combat to activate it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I hate to say it, but I agree.

The developers definitely made a choice to streamline the combat process, so that you're not doing the same short tasks before every battle. However, it should be an option.

Personally (and I wrote it in a thread 8 months ago), I'd love to actually yell out "red alert" and "shields up" every time a battle starts. It's just a dash of RP, but that's definitely a feeling defining moment during the shows.

If it was added, I'd really like to reiterate that it should be an option. I'm sure after three weeks I'd get tired of it hahaha.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwalshguy View Post
I hate to say it, but I agree.

The developers definitely made a choice to streamline the combat process, so that you're not doing the same short tasks before every battle. However, it should be an option.

Personally (and I wrote it in a thread 8 months ago), I'd love to actually yell out "red alert" and "shields up" every time a battle starts. It's just a dash of RP, but that's definitely a feeling defining moment during the shows.

If it was added, I'd really like to reiterate that it should be an option. I'm sure after three weeks I'd get tired of it hahaha.
+1. Yeah it would be cool if you could RP. See the blinking red lights on your bridge, hear the klaxon go off, see the crew jump up and react. I wouldn't give it three weeks though. I'd probably be bored after two. However I would like to be able to have different klaxons that we could select in the ship tailor (whatever that console is called.) That way I could have TOS klaxon on my Connie, DS9 klaxon on my defiant, etc.