Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
What are you guys smoking?

In SPACE... the lowest numbered actor will appear in a single player environment. The other actors for that group will appear if you have teamates and will move down the list according the number of teamates. Difficulty settings have no effect on this.

On the GROUND it is a different story - all of the actors appear all the time because you either A) have your BOffs or B) you have teamates or a combination of both equaling 5 members on a ground map all the time. Again - difficulty settings have no effect on the number of actors.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razoreye2005 View Post
Solution here is to move all but one of the other enemy dots off the map totally So that only one will spawn within the zone.
While you could move them to another spot on the map, Cryptic no longer allows you to move the actors entirely off of the map. I believe that it works on play text, but not after publish.

Another issue is that the extra npcs, if moved to distant parts of the map, may jump to your location, especially if there is a kill objective.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Could this technique be used to make NPCs on the ground beam out, for example? I've been trying to get a character to beam out after he sends his goons after you, but I can't seem to make him go away for good.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
Could this technique be used to make NPCs on the ground beam out, for example? I've been trying to get a character to beam out after he sends his goons after you, but I can't seem to make him go away for good.
Unfortunately, no. There are no objects that look like npcs in the details, and we can't make a npc contact go from vis to invis.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2011, 02:33 PM
while we cannot make an NPC beam out permanently.. you can make them beam out... try setting the idle animation duration to max... if your time on scene is short enough it may work for you. hopefully we will be getting some kind of fix for the lack of permanent beam outs and other types of one time only animations that can be linked to triggers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
while we cannot make an NPC beam out permanently.. you can make them beam out... try setting the idle animation duration to max... if your time on scene is short enough it may work for you. hopefully we will be getting some kind of fix for the lack of permanent beam outs and other types of one time only animations that can be linked to triggers.
It would be handy if we could relocate them.

As it stands, we could always have them "beam out" and then wall the area off with a trigger. And if we can make NPCs inaccessible, we might as well be able to make them disappear. At least with contacts or, preferably, any NPCs not tied to an objective at the least. I could trade off not tying enemies to a kill objective to have a console that wipes them out.