Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Nah, it's fine. He's tied up with Rodan and Mothra at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
You misread that, sorry. I understand you are concerned but you need to keep a level head. You also need to keep to more than 1 source of news, it helps to keep bias out of what you read.

Also, you know what causes Tsunamis right? So why would there be another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian
A very alarming tsunami warning this morning now appears to be a false alarm. Sirens along the coast sounded and television and radio alerts said officials had warned of a wave up to three metres high. The Japanese meteorological agency is now saying they believe it to be a false alarm and that there was no sign of a quake large enough to trigger a tsunami, although broadcaster NHK is apparently reporting that a helicopter pilot observed a large incoming wave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustan Times
Multiple sources cited. Boo. Yah. Like I said, fortunately it appears that they have been false alarms, but one can hardly blame the region for being more then a little twitchy about this incident. There have been several powerful aftershocks, so while another tsunami is highly unlikely, it is not impossible.

Besides, I was agreeing it was a false alarm, but SuperLink was not entirely incorrect when he posted his red alert of there being a tsunami watch.

*loads kitty in the cat-apult and launches*