Lt. Commander
# 1 Upgraded GPU, now stuttering
03-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I went from a 768MB GTX Ultra 8800 to a 1GB GTX 560 Ti. The new card is faster and more powerful than the old one, and runs much cooler. But, now I have severe stuttering when I'm in a ground location, esp. ESD.

I have the latest (v266.66) drivers. I run at my LCD resolution of 1680x1050. I was running 4xAA and tried turning that down to 2xAA with no change. But I should not have to turn anything down though with this newer card.

Anybody else seeing this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Try this set

32 bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html
64 bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html

And choose custom install. Then select the option to perform a clean install.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I went from a 768MB GTX Ultra 8800 to a 1GB GTX 560 Ti. The new card is faster and more powerful than the old one, and runs much cooler. But, now I have severe stuttering when I'm in a ground location, esp. ESD.

I have the latest (v266.66) drivers. I run at my LCD resolution of 1680x1050. I was running 4xAA and tried turning that down to 2xAA with no change. But I should not have to turn anything down though with this newer card.

Anybody else seeing this problem?
i said this many time :p upgrading only your Graphics card don't always result in better game performance !!! games don't only need Graphics cards!!
sys ram "speed", HD "speed", performance of your Motherboard are also needed for a better game performance.
Your graphics card might not get all the power it needs? some cards work on lower rated PSU's but don't work at full potential. you might check that.

the setup of windows can screw your game to, windows sometime lets the game use "virtual ram" first and not use all the Vid "dedicated" ram. how to fix/setup that you, you better turn to "google".

Drivers can be a devil also :p

lots of things you can check so i hope this "bit" of information helps you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks VoodooKing - reading other posts on here, I tried setting Shadows to Low quality, and that made a huge improvement. I don't need to resort to beta drivers now.

Noxsa - CPU, RAM, etc. haven't changed. It appears the issue is with the new 2xx drivers. Not the card itself and not any other hardware component.