Lt. Commander
# 1 Remember that episode
03-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Where Worf was given a new spinal cord from the technology that could grow new organs?

The real technology in development right now.

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 01:55 AM
while that video was a bit creepy and disgusting, i'll admit that that's impressive being only years or decades or whatever away from literally growing new organs, that's just... insane
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah, they make it sound so wonderful and hopeful and all, but watch insurance not cover this and watch it be private sector anyways.

Let's face it, companies, Doctors (for the most part) and hospitals don't give a **** about you or your life. Just your money.

Reality hurts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 02:32 AM
that is extraordinary whichever way you look at it
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
Yeah, they make it sound so wonderful and hopeful and all, but watch insurance not cover this and watch it be private sector anyways.

Let's face it, companies, Doctors (for the most part) and hospitals don't give a **** about you or your life. Just your money.

Reality hurts.
As much as I'd like to be optimistic that science fiction is kinda-sorta becoming science fact, I have to agree. Medicine has become a multi-billion dollar corporation, and the only people they care about saving are the people that can fill their pockets.