Lt. Commander
# 151
09-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Tbh, LTS's have already gotten a lot of items from the store for free already, Original Enterprise, Rivero Tribble, a couple of the costumes (Wrath of Khan?), a couple of titles, Red Matter Capacitor, early access to the Captains Table... and so on.

Now the gimme gimme gimme side of my characters says that making all items in the C-Store 'free', would be nice, the realist side thinks that some where between the two might be the better place to be.

I do like the idea of a stipend, or discount (25%?) better than just giving everthing to LTS's for free. Most of the stuff in the store has in-game methods of unlocking that content anyway's.
I am a LTS and have gotten 0 of those for free.

I also think a totally free c-store is stupid and that the stipend or discount is better.
Lt. Commander
# 152
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Me and other LTSers being angry at Cryptic, and thus not buying nor advertising for them, but would if something such as a C-Store stipend would change that, is directly related to this thread.

As for me insulting you, I just get upset when people don't read what I said and I have to simplify it. If I insulted you, I'm sorry, I don't mean to, I just tend to. So if I did, I apologize.

As for me trolling and rebuttling everybody's arguments. I have agreed with people in this thread. I don't think I know everything, I know my own point well. And I know business, I am a business minded person, always have been. If I cam across condescending I'm sorry.

As for not counting indirect money, thats ignoring a massive income source. Word of mouth advertising is highly valuable.

These are once again mostly my opinions, if you don't like it okay, but don't start attacking them and then get upset when people respond to your very aggresive posts aggresively.
Okay you have a point there. It's slightly on topic since a free CStore makes people think about possible discounts to create incentive for dissatisfied lifers to buy. I admit I'm partly dissatisfied, since I've been stuck at level 10 since mid February-ish waiting for Caitians, then found out after a 4 month internet disconnect that I still can't play the character I want to play (Search my posts for info dude), but the game is generally good and my primary reason for not playing is because I'm happy when I'm with people and nobody I know IRL or online (Non STO/CO-ers) are even remotely interested in this.

Hey it's cool man we both misread each other. You about which lifers I was refering to (Just to recap, I meant the subgroup of lifers you mentioned in your first reply to me that are upset and don't plan to CStore or recomend to friends, not all of us), and I thought you were calling me a freeloader based on all of that misreading each other. I'm sorry too that I snapped at you. I'm usually calm and logical even in an argument.

Yea you came across as very condescending but I think it was mostly because you thought I was calling all lifers non-contributing, then you just spiraled into calling me unintelligent at that point because you were simplifying way too much based on us misreading each other. It happens. I ain't mad since we figured it out.

Okay see, when you say it that way, I see your point. I've just kinda had no luck getting people I know into either game, so I figure it's not a very successful way to increase Cryptic's income so I discounted it's value. Maybe I shouldn't be so hasty.

Yea I'm sorry about that dude. I took it as a personal attack at that point, and you calling me unintelligent by heavily simplifying it didn't help. You've got okay opinions, but you come off a bit strong sometimes when trying to explain your own points. If you talk too simple you risk people feeling like you're calling them a simpleton. I sure took it that way. Then it just went out of control so I'm sorry too.

But I think we figured out where we went wrong. So, Will. May I call you Will? Can we bury the proverbial Bat'leth and maybe be friends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Tbh, LTS's have already gotten a lot of items from the store for free already, Original Enterprise, Rivero Tribble, a couple of the costumes (Wrath of Khan?), a couple of titles, Red Matter Capacitor, early access to the Captains Table... and so on.

Now the gimme gimme gimme side of my characters says that making all items in the C-Store 'free', would be nice, the realist side thinks that some where between the two might be the better place to be.

I do like the idea of a stipend, or discount (25%?) better than just giving everthing to LTS's for free. Most of the stuff in the store has in-game methods of unlocking that content anyway's.
I am a LTS and have gotten 0 of those for free.

I also think a totally free c-store is stupid and that the stipend or discount is better.
I think I can explain what Anon was talking about, or at least give possible explanations.

1. He might be talking about how people originally got a lo of those (Except the Captains Table which is lifer unlocked immediately and Veteran Reward for everybody else) as preorder free bonuses. It's not really free since the Digital Deluxe Edition was like 10 dollars more so we paid for these bonuses, in-store and online. Funny how it continued to be called digital when stores were allowed to sell physical copies of these. To really get more than one set (at the time) required buying multiple copies, which are still available. I know I remember being told by an employee that I can come back for the TOS Enterprise from Gamestop whenever I want one.

2. He might be talking about how some of us who got their copies early received free Cryptic Points with their game code registration. I know I did, and people I've talked to recently said they didn't, so giving away free points seemed to be discontinued at some point. I have had 900 CP on my account from registering CO (400 I think) and STO (This was where the 500 came from afterward, I'm sure), then received like 240 more from an STO survey Cryptic ran in middle February or late March. Anon might be indirectly implying that those of us who have been saving these free CP, not all of them lifers though, have been able to get "free" from the CStore whatever other preorder bonuses they didn't get with their game. Again, it's not really free since these "free" points required buying a copy of the game. But considering we didn't have to pay any additional money to get these points besides buying the game, I suppose they can technically be considered free if we conclude that we didn't have to spend additional money for it besides buying an edition of the game. Personally, I've gotten discounted Caitians and discounted 21st Century standalone costumes for mine, but I'm dissatisfied with the fact that I can't make an Alien with a Caitian tail.

I hope that explains what he meant, or close.
Lt. Commander
# 153
09-22-2010, 12:59 PM
The thing is a couple of the items he mentioned were either given away free to everyone or cost extra. Yeah sure some LTSers got a couple of things for "free" but so did tons of non LTSers.

I get, kinda, what he's saying, I disagree but I was just mentioning some of his examples were flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 154
09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Well I got my collectors edition from Gamestop, so it had the TOS Enterprise et al with it, Which I confused with the LTS options.. So a number of those items are actually to do with the Deluxe Edition I brought, and not the LTS which I got on the same day.

So yeah.. LTS's don't really get a lot from the store, other than access to Liberated Borg as a racial type, a couple of titles.

My bad.
Lt. Commander
# 155
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
That makes a lot of sense, now.

Will I'll see you around the forums I guess. I really don't have much to do in this thread anymore since we worked out our differences, so eh.
Lt. Commander
# 156
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't feel betrayed at all... As a lifer, the C-Store is the only way Cryptic will be making money off of me. The only reason I could see making the C-Store free for Lifers is if the game went F2P, which has not been planned as of yet.

(Oh dang, I didn't see the date on the other posts. I am so sorry for anyone that this has annoyed/inconvenienced)
Lt. Commander
# 157
03-14-2011, 05:33 AM
This is perhaps the most ridiculous post I have read today.
Lt. Commander
# 158
03-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Don't make me pull this thing over... oh really now.

*pulls the thread over and shuts down the engine*
Closed Thread