Thank you its great to be here and thank you for a speedy reply... Efficient BO's an 34 million credits was the cheapest...
You're welcome. I got the Amazon Borg with my original offer and then got two other Uncommon Saurians for my main character sometime last May or so... I paid 8.8M EC for one and I think like 12M EC for the other (not sure on the last one). The price certainly has gone up!
I'm begining to wonder myself. I played around with the formula itself, not using any of the spreadsheet's wizardry, and your stats, and I get the same calculated values. I can't duplicate the ingame result atm as I don't have a character with those traits and that Borg equipment...
I have some Questions to help me narrow down the problem:
What are your In-Game and Calculated values when:
1) You use the default settings like Attack, Defense, Speed, Balanced?
2) Use a different Custom Setting, like say 50/25/75/50
3) You remove your Borg components? Try to use non-set items (no Borg, no Aegis).
4) In a different ship type (non-escort)?
A starship generates power from its warp core and applies this power to four subsystems: Weapons, Shields, Engines, and Auxiliary (Aux).
Weapons power controls the damage caused by your energy weapons (beams and cannon). It does not affect projectile weapons (torpedoes and mines). At 50 power your energy weapons do listed damage, at 100 power you get double damage.
Shield power affects the regeneration level of your shields. Below 25 power your shields do not regenerate. At 25 you get half rate, 50 gives you listed rate. Each point of power above 50 increases your shield regeneration rate by 4%, So at 100 shield power your shields regenerate at triple their listed rate. Also, higher shield power increases shield damage resistance. 50 Power is 10% resistance, 100 is 20% (formula is power level/500).
Engine power controls your speed and affects your turn rate. If your effective engine power is normally low, you'll want a Combat-Impulse Engine. If it's normally high, you'll get better performance out of a Hyper-Impulse Engine. In between? Stick to a standard Impulse Engine.
Aux power is used to boost various abilities including Auxiliary to SIF, Dampening Field, Energy Siphon, Hazard Emitters, Jam Sensors, Nadion Inversion, Sensor Scan, and Tractor Beam. Cloaking/Battle Cloak strength is also affected. Aux abilities are scaled to be 50% effective at 25 power, 100% effective at 100 power.
* I added a "testing procedure" in post #89 that can help you see just what Aux Power does.
* A second test regarding Eng/Aux Power and Turn Rates has been added in post #128.
The way power is assigned to your subsystems is controlled by the player via your ship's HUD, and can be changed at will (though a shift in power may take a few seconds to complete as affected by your Power Transfer Rate). There are four preset modes: Attack, Defense, Speed, and Balanced. Custom changes can be made temporarily or saved, altering any subsystem in 5 point increments (never below 25 or above 100).
All ships gets a base 200 power points. This can be increased by several factors:
Skills in the Starship Engineering branch. All are usable by any captain regardless of profession (not just engineers). Warp Core Training affects all subsystems. The Efficiency and Performance skills only affect their specific system (ie Starship Engine Efficiency only helps your Engine power levels). The Warp Core Training and Efficiency skills only affect power levels when a subsystem is set below 75 (ie less than or equal to 70) and are most effective closer to 25. Performance skills will improve a power at all levels.
- Warp Core Training
- Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency
- Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
- Starship Engine Efficiency
- Starship Shield Efficiency
- Starship Engine Performance
- Starship Shield Performance
- Starship Auxiliary Systems Performance
- Starship Weapon Systems Performance
Note that there are also similarly named "Maintenance" skills in this branch, these do not affect power levels. For more information on the Maintenance skills, see post #143.
Racial traits (determined at character creation and can't be changed once play begins) include:
- Efficient Captain: +10 to each of the four subsystem Efficiency skills. Can not be combined with Joined Symbiote.
- Joined Symbiote: +3.3 to your Warp Core Training skill. Can not be combined with Efficient Captain.
- Warp Theorist: +10 to your Warp Core Training skill.
Special Bridge Officers with the Efficient space trait. These BOs give a +5 to each of your Captain's subsystem Efficiency skills and are stackable with the Efficient Captain trait and other Efficient BOs.
- Amazon Collector's Edition Borg Bridge Officers (Also available for purchase in the C-Store.)
- Some (random) Uncommon Saurian Bridge Officers (Buy your's today from the Exchange at prices starting in the 10s of millions!)
* Note about the Captain/BO Efficiency traits: The skill/power bonuses take affect at Ensign/Lieutenant thru Lieutenant Commander, before you can access the Commander-level Efficiency skills. You retain the bonus for your Efficiency skills at higher ranks even if you continue to invest 0 skill points.
Ship power bonus:
- Federation Cruisers and the KDF Orion Patrol Cruiser get +5 to each of the four subsystems.
- Federation Escorts and KDF Raiders (Bird-of-Prey)/Raptors (including the B’rel Retrofit) get +15 to their Weapons power.
- Federation Science Vessels and the KDF Varanus Fleet Support Vessel get +10 to Aux power.
- Federation Light Escorts gets +5 Weapons power.
- KDF Battle Cruisers get +10 to each Weapons and Engine power levels.
- KDF Carriers get +5 to each Weapons and Aux power levels.
- KDF Nausicaan Guramba Siege Destroyer is unique with two Power Settings: Innate +10 to Weapons Power and +5 to Engine Power. Siege Mode +10 Weapons, +5 Shield, and -5 Engine.
- Federation Light Cruisers have no bonus.
- Efficient Impulse Engine Mk IV provide a +5 to each Weapon, Shield, and Aux power (details).
- Engineering Consoles (Bonus varies by mark/rarity):
Plasma Distribution Manifold increase Weapon power.
Field Emitter for Shield power.
Injector Assembly Engines.
Booster Modulator Aux.
Neodymium Deflector Dish +8 Aux power.
- Also note that Batteries, Red Matter Devices and some Captain/Bridge Officer Abilities will temporarily increase your power levels. Because these affects are temporary and (usually) clearly described in-game, the calculator does not incorporate them.
The system can be overwhelming. The STO Power Calculator planning tool is designed to help you make sense of all the above. Download this Excel file, input your current stats into the green fields, and you'll see your power levels displayed in the blue. Play with the numbers and watch how different stats affect your power and help determine what would work best for your play style.
This file has been made with MS Excel 2000. It is tested compatible with Excel 2003-2007. You can also use this with the free Open Office v3.1.1 (http://www.openoffice.org/). Use WinZip or 7-Zip (free here: http://www.7-zip.org/) to unzip the archive, as needed.
Please post suggestions, comments, compliments, complaints (gasp), or questions. When changes occur in the game I will make updates and post them here. Thanks for stopping by and may the Solar Winds always fill your sails!!
Current version: 4.1.0, last updated 02/10/11 (details).
Continued in next post...
Thank You very much for doing this Bob.
I am blessed that I get to take advantage of this all of the time since my Son only lives a few doors down from me.......