Lt. Commander
What happened to this?

Recently, I have noticed that I get a lot of Auction Expired Mail that appears blank for most of my characters. It appears that this has been changed to be character specific for some bizarre reason, so that only the character that put the items up for Auction can retrieve the items when they are Mailed back to you.

It used to be that no matter what character put the Auction up for sale any character could pick it up when it expired. It made sense that way. All of my characters are my characters after all. And I can Mail stuff to myself with no issues. So, why change this one function to be character specific and cause me to have to log on to each and every character in order to figure out which one had the Auction up? Are you trying to annoy players who play more than one or two characters, or is this a bug that will be fixed at some point?

Please, tell me it's a bug. I have 28 different characters and do not want to have to designate any one of them as my Auction Mule.

Altaholics rule!

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
It is not a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
They should at least label the mail with the originating character so people don't have to play guessing games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
It is not a bug.
If not, it's a stupid change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
They should at least label the mail with the originating character so people don't have to play guessing games.

I agree. You would think that by now Cryptic would realize that they create games that encourage altaholism. They should not institute changes that make things annoying for us.

Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
If not, it's a stupid change.

I am not sure how long it has been this way but it has been this way for awhile now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I am not sure how long it has been this way but it has been this way for awhile now.
The first time I noticed it was around December. Before that I was able to pick up my expired auctions with whatever character I was playing at the time.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Great idea. I'm quite tired of sifting through my mail one character at a time to figure out what belongs to who, or even what it is thats being returned.