Lt. Commander
# 31
03-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
See my edit, because if that's happening to you, then you have the auto-select attacker selected, or have a target manually selected.
I have every autotarget function turned off, & have for months. When I'm scrambled, it doesn't matter.
my heals go elsewhere. i will hit f1, see that my name is in the "target" ui, fire off the power, & not get it.
Not every time,but often enough that i don't even bother trying to heal anymore when I'm scrambled.
There needs to be an immunity to SS after it's cleared, or self targeting should be immune from target jump.
or both.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I have every autotarget function turned off, & have for months. When I'm scrambled, it doesn't matter.
my heals go elsewhere. i will hit f1, see that my name is in the "target" ui, fire off the power, & not get it.
Not every time,but often enough that i don't even bother trying to heal anymore when I'm scrambled.
There needs to be an immunity to SS after it's cleared, or self targeting should be immune from target jump.
or both.
Such is the buggy aspect of ST and why some have asked that the mechanics of its use while under SS be reviewed and fixed if needed. It doesn't always target oneself when SS'ed, which makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 33 Nice to see comments.
03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I myself have healed mines, skul fighters (thankfully mine ) and dead hulks after being scrambled. I DO know how to send a heal where it will do the most good. :p

My post was intended to make the game more exciting using logic (U can't run the same electical devices in Europe as you can in the US with out a converter to make the power available usable) as to what an ENERGY based heal would do to a different faction ship based on the aforementioned logic.

It would (hopefuly) cut down on what I consider the overuse of an available skill that some people consider overpowered since it affects every player.

It would make for some interesting battles in space if the Vulcan logic mentioned above was actually used in the game.

Happy Hunting
Capt.King
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Sorry OP we kinda derailed your thread, & I have to admit, I love your idea as well, if my heals aren't going to help me, at least allow them to hurt my foe. i'd be happy with that. currently, there is absolutely zero downside to spamming SS at all.