Lt. Commander
# 161
12-03-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm a Tac officer flying a defiant retrofit. Normally I activate my attack patterns then decloak and fire my cannons, wait till it drains the shields then fire a BO3.

But when I just hit space bar to fire all weapons it fires the BO3 as well without me wanting to so I'll try this keybind.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 162
12-03-2010, 04:09 AM
***posted this post in wrong thread, cant figure out how to delete it***
Lt. Commander
# 163
12-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post

Simon_Picard, thank you for the correction; there is always something to learn. It is a good thing I never got that aspect to work
No worries, it's formatting is a bit different, no space with the first number (+trayexecbytray 0 1 vs usetrayslot0 1) which is one of those very obvious to miss things, possibly why you didn't get it to work?

The fact it makes a sound on failure to activate though means everyone should avoid it anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 164
12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Show que without clicking that stupid arrow?
/bind q "gensendmessage root showpvpqueue"

Thanks to healbert!.
Lt. Commander
# 165
12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
To complement that ^, if you ever close the PvP Report but want to call it up again ...

/bind <key> pvpreport
Lt. Commander
# 166
12-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Forgot to do this, but somewhere earlier I said something about a guide. Well, I've finally done it and you can see (and comment) here:

Keybinds for Dummies

Lt. Commander
# 167
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Is there a way to include a key in the bind so that I can include a second set of binds on one key?

Ex. I bind the space for distribute shields, fire weapons, and various other abilities that I want up as much as possible. Problem is, I run out of room to assign everything to one key. If I create a bind command for "3", is there a way to include inputing "3" in my "space" key bind so that it activates the "3" bind also?

Thanx for the great thread and everyones input into it. I don't know how many times I've linked this thread to friends.
Lt. Commander
# 168
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Is there a way to include a key in the bind so that I can include a second set of binds on one key?

Ex. I bind the space for distribute shields, fire weapons, and various other abilities that I want up as much as possible. Problem is, I run out of room to assign everything to one key. If I create a bind command for "3", is there a way to include inputing "3" in my "space" key bind so that it activates the "3" bind also?

Thanx for the great thread and everyones input into it. I don't know how many times I've linked this thread to friends.

Sounds like you are only using the chat window for binding. I recommend you use a bindfile. With bindfiles the length of the key bind is not limited. Do this:

/bind_save_file keybinds.txt

You can find the file in your STO Live folder (C:\~\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live). Open it with a simple text editor (notepad) and go at it. You'll find your firebutton is "space" for space bar.
Lt. Commander
# 169
02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
awesome, gonna try it out now. Thanks again!

edit: Finally figured out how to get this to work and I love it. thanks for the advice
Lt. Commander
# 170
03-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I tried the bind file stuff. Opened my keybinds file .txt and now my ground is using the same keybinds even though I have no ground KB set up. In space things are fine (still restricted in length. You know what I mean) and work properly.

Noen of the reset to default options seem to fix it. Not the ESC / Keybinds/Default or the '/" command.
I don't even have a "shift" run option now.
lol
Its quite nerve racking.
I hate learning new stuff sometimes.
Closed Thread