Lt. Commander
# 161
03-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Not at all. In fact, this is the most direct application of the whole RMT concept - trading money for time. Pay money, save time leveling.
I'm not sure what the "experience boosts" paid or the free ones are for? If I'm already at max, and I took my time doing it, why would a roll a new toon and use a boost to get to max again for?

Will the same content Ive done a dozen times be any more appealing because I can get to it faster?

My fleet mates and I recently ran into a problem with the DS9 fleet action. We were trying to get into it, but of our 20+ members online at the time, not one of us were or had an alt that was below the VA1 level. We could not even see the fleet action as available.

So I gather from that experience that level banding and fleet actions are still not fully fixed, and issue that is over a year old.

<---Time spent in STO since last episode of Cloaked Intentions = about 20 minutes.
<---Time spent in other MMOs since last episode of Claked Intentions - about 30 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 162
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
I'm not sure what the "experience boosts" paid or the free ones are for? If I'm already at max, and I took my time doing it, why would a roll a new toon and use a boost to get to max again for?
The only explanation I can think of for the XP boosters is so non-PvP Fed players can level a Klink toon just using the PvE missions the KDF has. The other possible reason is C-Store revenue, but that requires players to see the XP booster as a needed item.

I mean, leveling happens so fast in STO to begin with. Why turbo-charge it to get to a non-existent endgame?

Z