Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1011
03-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Actually, going by orthos of the CGI model and higher-rez screencaps, the impulse engine glow turns out to be cyan.

Side view from the 'Star Trek Fact Files'
I notice that all of the windows in that picture are cyan, as well. Perhaps the colour balance in that image has been compromised.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1012
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I notice that all of the windows in that picture are cyan, as well. Perhaps the colour balance in that image has been compromised.
Nope - it appears they're cyan in the screenshots as well. As for the impulse engines, they're mostly cyan, although occasionally the glare is white-ish (that's presumably a colour balance issue).


Alpha section - cyan impulse engines

Cyan windows, white-ish-cyan impulse engines

Re-joined - all cyan

Same again in close-up


Interestingly enough, they're red on the Alpha section at one point, allthough that's easily accomplished by using 'evasive manoevers'.

Alpha section - red impulse engines


[EDIT] Yep - definately cyan windows/impulse engines (ignore the windows, obviously):

Screencap from 'Endgame'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1013
03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Nope - it appears they're cyan in the screenshots as well. As for the impulse engines, they're mostly cyan, although occasionally the glare is white-ish (that's presumably a colour balance issue).


Alpha section - cyan impulse engines

Cyan windows, white-ish-cyan impulse engines

Re-joined - all cyan

Same again in close-up


Interestingly enough, they're red on the Alpha section at one point, allthough that's easily accomplished by using 'evasive manoevers'.

Alpha section - red impulse engines


[EDIT] Yep - definately cyan windows/impulse engines (ignore the windows, obviously):

Screencap from 'Endgame'
I'll change "Blueish-white" to "cyan" in the Prometheus section.

=edit=

Watching the video for the MVAM, though, it is clear that the Beta and Gamma sections to not have any illuminated impulse vents.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Please see the attached files for the correct look for the Constellation class Heavy cruisers

[url="http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/galexploration_constellatn.gif"]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Here are some schematics for Ptomley class tugs and Saladin class Destroyers/scouts

Ptomley Class Tug
http://http://www.trekmania.net/art/PtolemyClass1.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...RNICUS_001.jpg

Saladin Class Destroyer/scout

http://www.trekmania.net/art/SaladinClass1.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...D_FONT_005.jpg

Saladin Modernized

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...8-44-44-56.jpg


These are just some ideas for new teir 1 starships. They were around the same time as the original Enterprise and later moderized to the Enterprise-A look as well as the Miranda class look.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1016
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
The Constellation class is not even in the game, and why are you posting those images? They have no relevance to this thread at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
My apollogies at meant it should be added not a as correct look. I just didn't want people to say it was the same as the stargazzer or chyenne.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1018
04-15-2011, 03:57 AM
I just got to the point, where i can fly the olympic(+variants). Cryptic let me just give you this as feedback: Your designs are horrible and im very sad.

The olympic has nothing to do with the original model at all.

Nothing. Zero. Nada. Null.

With this state the work is in on some or most of the ships, honestly you never should have gotten any licence approval at all.

Still i like this game, but some of that pushes it abit far over the edge imo.

Asymetrical nacelles on something iconic as the constitution?

Very sorry to say, you want so much money on the C-Shop aswell.

The interprit also has its flaws and now im with my science guy like super meh.

I hope the money spent here, will be put to good use.

Goodbye.

PS: That also goes for textures.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1019
04-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas801
I just got to the point, where i can fly the olympic(+variants). Cryptic let me just give you this as feedback: Your designs are horrible and im very sad.

The olympic has nothing to do with the original model at all.

Nothing. Zero. Nada. Null.

With this state the work is in on some or most of the ships, honestly you never should have gotten any licence approval at all.

Still i like this game, but some of that pushes it abit far over the edge imo.

Asymetrical nacelles on something iconic as the constitution?

Very sorry to say, you want so much money on the C-Shop aswell.

The interprit also has its flaws and now im with my science guy like super meh.

I hope the money spent here, will be put to good use.

Goodbye.

PS: That also goes for textures.
Thanks for the drive-by thread bump. But the spirit of the thread was a tad more specific - and constructive - offering of suggestions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1020
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
He's right though. The constitution's nacelles are crooked.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM.