Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek Online Media Update
01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
We’ve added a new screenshot to our gallery today as well as posting the latest shots that you may have already seen on MMORPG.com. The latest, a warp core can be viewed here. All of these screenshots are from in game and have not been modified. We hope you enjoy them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Cool stuff. Is that a warp core in a ship or some sort of lab?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Awesome! I love all three screenshots, my favorite is the warp core.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow. That's some warp core. Is it part of a complex (research facility?) or a ship? Would be a large ship if it was.

Liking these regular updates though. Nice to see the game progressing along
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
That's a gorgeous, gorgeous new screenshot.

Looking through the open door at the bottom left of the image, the corridor looks to be Klingon. The scientist at the console, certainly, is not a Klingon. Is it possible that this is an experimental Federation warp core in some kind of Klingon outpost? Or a large Klingon vessel?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Well....... that ....is......simply.....stunning for a mmo and pre-alpha..

The art people definitely need a raise. They're doing one heck of a job in my opinion. Believe me when I say this old mmo vet doesn't gush like this often.

I'm actually getting a little verklempt.......talk amongst yourselves....
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Sweet looking pics thx!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm torn about my opinion of the new screenshots and here is why...

Looking at the screenshots from earlier and looking at the ship models. The earlier models seem to look more realistic. The latest ship (not sure the class, but it looks like a Soyuz Class variant) looks really cartoony. If I didn't know that it was a screenshot I would say that it is a concept art shot. That slightly turns of me off the game. Maybe it is just the light from the surroundings that make it seem so, but I don't know... I think at this point I am slightly dissapointed at the ship models. The warpcore one looks pretty nice though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
The warp core looks a little too massive to be inside a ship... seems more like it would belong in a starbase. Or maybe just a MASSIVE starship. I like the look though. I like that it's not like the Next Gen warpcores, more similar to the VOY/TMP warpcores... which I thought definitely looked cooler.

I think the two screenshots that were on MMOG.com were actually concept art pics.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow. I would love to know the story behind that warp core.

Also, I agree that the art department is outdoing themselves... even if they have been a little bit heavy on the magenta with this round.
Closed Thread