Lt. Commander
That. Was f#&*@^g epic.

That's how you end an arc. Orbital bombardments and ominous dangling threads.

Sorry. Fanboy squee over. Had to say it publicly. I am thoroughly entertained, more than got my $15 worth this month, etc.

Is it me, or are the Iconians bearing a marked similarity to the Shadows from Babylon 5? Love of chaos? Using agents provocateur to incite powers against each other? The appearance of the ship that towed Sela away?

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2011, 07:08 AM
now that you mention it, there are similarities.

But of course the demons of air and darkness were invented years earlier on TNG using clearly distinguished technology like the probes with the devastating virus or the gateways.
And then a counterforce like the Vorlons is missing. So their motivation can't be a difference in ideology.
Unless they had a counterforce... the T'Kon Empire?
Ooops! They are distinct, or aren't they?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 12:30 PM
No, you're right, no Vorlons. But I wasn't thinking of the whole plot setup of B5, just the Shadows' methods and general aura of superstitious Elder Race awe.

I don't remember much about the Iconians from ST - just the first-season TNG episode. Memory Alpha doesn't have much more information. I guess there were some novels written about them, too, butI don't think they're considered canon.

Sorry, doing the forum equivalent of talking to myself. I should search the forums for a thread about the Iconians.