Lt. Commander
# 1 Thank You All!!!
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who is spending their free time making content for other people to enjoy. This past week I have been playing at least 1 new mission every day, and I cant tell you how great it feels to know I have something new to look forward to every time I log in. To be completely honest, I have experienced way more of what Star Trek is about playing community made missions than I have playing most of the official missions in game(although that has been improving alot recently).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work and the fun you have provided me. Please feel free to PM me any time if you have created a new mission and want someone to try it out. It really is my pleasure
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Have you dabbled with the editor yourself and made any missions of your own?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Have you dabbled with the editor yourself and made any missions of your own?
I have. I actually have a pretty good grasp on the tools and can do just about anything I want. However, I have learned from playing other people's missions that the story of the mission is the most important part, and I dont plan on making missions just to be making missions. When I have a really great story worked out, then I will publish a mission, but not until then. That said, I will most likely dedicate my 8 slots to the KDF since they are going to have much less than the Feds, and I will possibly work on creating KDF versions of notable Fed episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I have. I actually have a pretty good grasp on the tools and can do just about anything I want. However, I have learned from playing other people's missions that the story of the mission is the most important part, and I dont plan on making missions just to be making missions. When I have a really great story worked out, then I will publish a mission, but not until then. That said, I will most likely dedicate my 8 slots to the KDF since they are going to have much less than the Feds, and I will possibly work on creating KDF versions of notable Fed episodes.
Look forward to seeing them!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I know what you mean, Nagus, the story is the most important aspect of a mission. However, it's not always easy to tell them with the limits of the Foundry - although they are getting fewer each release. I look forward to the Foundry on Holodeck and the new features it will bring - and I look forward to a lot of great missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Glad you enjoyed them. I used the Foundry as a learning experience and I hope that I'll be able to create even more interesting content once it goes live on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2011, 07:07 AM
I second this, can't wait till this sucker hits holodeck and creates a new bar for MMO's
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Thank YOU Nagus for not just leaving a review, but emailing me with detailed suggestions for improvement and all that. It made my day when you did so. Sorei did so to. One thing i try and do is listen to feedback and find a way to impliment and tweak the missions based on that. You simply cannot go wrong using advice if people think it would improve a mission, one of my teachers recently in college said something along the lines of "You want succesful stories? Write for the audience NOT for you."
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I mention on the podcast at least once a week that the story is the most important part of the Foundry mission creation. In a way, I'd love to have Kestrel on the podcast some time, as I think that more often than not we find ourselves talking about the story of the mission rather than the technical aspects of it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Ya know I actaully hadn't started playing any missions on Tribble until today. And I too think thanks are necessary. Played some very very fun missions today.