Lt. Commander
# 31
01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm guessing from the sheer size and layout that this is a warp-core experiment of some sort? I'm guessing that this is one of the new Transwarp systems possibly?

Awen can you confirm the type of core we're looking at here, or if this is an experiment of some kind?

By the way, not to get too geeky on you here, but the Lilac(Violet) Coloring would be because they are using a Potassium Chloride (K+) Matrix within the containment field. Potassium Chloride when burned is the visual spectrum of Violet (just FYI).

Blue coloring would mean that their was an Arsenic (As) Matrix within the containment field.

Check Chemistry.com: Flametests to learn more about visual spectrum tests.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhr View Post
Your playing I hope...
Oh Yes. Just because I don't like the look of something, doesn't mean I won't explore the whole game and love it.

Some people like forests, some like deserts. Personal taste.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
The scales a bit naff. The circular protective barrier looks like to high.
Why purple, wierd plasma colouring and the conduits look to transparent. Its bulky and lacks style and its not pleasing to the eye.
I cannot see how you could possibly change the crystals as there is only feeds from the main chamber. The support from the floor gives housing, but look at the cieling. Wheres the capping or recieving framework. I dont think much of it.

Sorry but in my IMO, its cheap. It looks like a warp core, may act as one ingame. But I would'nt want something on my ship that looks worse than the cores released in older games, that I think they look better.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duras View Post
The scales a bit naff. The circular protective barrier looks like to high.
Why purple, wierd plasma colouring and the conduits look to transparent. Its bulky and lacks style and its not pleasing to the eye.
I cannot see how you could possibly change the crystals as there is only feeds from the main chamber. The support from the floor gives housing, but look at the cieling. Wheres the capping or recieving framework. I dont think much of it.

Sorry but in my IMO, its cheap. It looks like a warp core, may act as one ingame. But I would'nt want something on my ship that looks worse than the cores released in older games, that I think they look better.
They're still using dilitium Duras, it's the gas that has changed in the combustion tubes. (See my previous post regarding flametests). They've just changed the formula from Arsenic to Potassium chloride.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Textures and details look very good (for a stylized look). Colors are quite bright but still ok. All in all I like this shot MUCH more than the previously released "screenshots". Lighting and reflection is also shown correctly here which was not the case for the space shots!

My point of few for those space shots
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Graphically,it looks great.
Very detailed,and the lighting is awesome.

But I do not like the design.
It doesn't look worthy of a Federation starship
and it doesn't look like a Klingon design
I suspect its a civilian warp core,belonging to a freighter or pirate ship
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
Graphically,it looks great.
Very detailed,and the lighting is awesome.

But I do not like the design.
It doesn't look worthy of a Federation starship
and it doesn't look like a Klingon design
I suspect its a civilian warp core,belonging to a freighter or pirate ship
Look at the image closely it is clearly not a Fed or Klingon ship. The two figures (appear human) are wearing lab coats and nothing that resembles Starfleet or Klingon Uniforms. Further more, it honestly does not look like a ship, it looks like a lab of some sort.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreshjedi View Post
They're still using dilitium Duras, it's the gas that has changed in the combustion tubes. (See my previous post regarding flametests). They've just changed the formula from Arsenic to Potassium chloride.

-avery
Yes, I read your post and found it informative. I do understand why its purple, but why purple.!
I hope that other factions use a different matrix construction. What would produce a rich, deep red, thefreshjedi.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Pasted from your link, thefreshjedi...

Red
Carmine to Magenta: Lithium compounds. Masked by barium or sodium.
Scarlet or Crimson: Strontium compounds. Masked by barium.
Red: Rubidium (unfiltered flame)
Yellow-Red: Calcium compounds. Masked by barium.

Added on edit...
How about building a Rubidium matrix and rehouse it into the intermix chamber. (If I got the tech right)Produce a red plasma stream along those conduits and if it looks to red, we just tint them. I see it now... EF Radiant is going to take my weekend up. Build a warp core of myown.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duras View Post
Yes, I read your post and found it informative. I do understand why its purple, but why purple.!
I hope that other factions use a different matrix construction. What would produce a rich, deep red, thefreshjedi.
Yeah, sorry, I re-read and realized I misread your initial post, I thought you were asking why they changed the type of crystals, but you're right, I re-checked the picture and I'm wondering now, where the heck is the dilithium crystal chamber? It's usually right in the center of the pylon, where the matter and antimatter streams connect to create the reaction? Strange. Unless this is a transwarp coil system, which means the dillithium is spaced along the length of the tubes and the reaction chamber is elsewhere maybe?

I dont know. Not enough information. Sorry.

-avery
Closed Thread