# 21
05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
=) gratz on finishing KA aswell
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners191 View Post
The Cure is like trying to thread a needle blindfolded and calling at a 'challege'. Whoever designed this is lazy and I'm annoyed I'm paying his salary with my sub. There is no story, I have no idea wtf we are there for, we have to do the same actions 3-4 times for no reason other than filler. i want to know who genuniely has fun playing this mission (be honest).

Its a waste of time.
frustration, frustration, frustration. Guys, this is a TEAM game! If team cannot coordinate don't complain the mission is too hard! because it really isn't. If you keep dying, respec your character! If you lack firepower, same! Indeed, when I get a pug team, most of times there is a moron that just does his own thing. Kick that sucker out from team and get a new person! Do your homework! Get the right weapons! Don't go there and aggro all of them if you lack the firepower! Use snipers with knock back. or targeted high density beam or cylindrical cone hd beam. use power cells if you lack other abilities. Power cells give you 25% more damage for energy weapons. With a good team in 1.5 hrs this is done! So stop complaining it is too hard. This is a team play test, not a gift from cryptic for all the whiners that pay subscriptions. You can go research and get the aegis if you don't like the challenge of stf! And aegis is a pretty good setup.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-22-2011, 06:02 AM
It is a chore.....but it pays good.......

But seriously, I haven't done it yet and I still am not looking forward to it. 0_o

However, there ARE guides out there so go find one. I got one for infected and I'm doing great so far...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
the cure was apain in the arse... i demand a option that allows me to crash my ship into the planet killing everything.
But thats not the starfleet way!

...Come back in kling toon and just fire a planet buster!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3theus View Post
frustration, frustration, frustration. Guys, this is a TEAM game! If team cannot coordinate don't complain the mission is too hard! because it really isn't. If you keep dying, respec your character! If you lack firepower, same! Indeed, when I get a pug team, most of times there is a moron that just does his own thing. Kick that sucker out from team and get a new person! Do your homework! Get the right weapons! Don't go there and aggro all of them if you lack the firepower! Use snipers with knock back. or targeted high density beam or cylindrical cone hd beam. use power cells if you lack other abilities. Power cells give you 25% more damage for energy weapons. With a good team in 1.5 hrs this is done! So stop complaining it is too hard. This is a team play test, not a gift from cryptic for all the whiners that pay subscriptions. You can go research and get the aegis if you don't like the challenge of stf! And aegis is a pretty good setup.
Do you realise that you answered to a post that was made last may. Jesus Christ.
Dunno why peeps always necro those threads.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
We finished infected in 43 min and cure in 54 min last night back to back. I really fail to see whats so hard about this mission. If people are having trouble with these missions then it comes down to how your dresseed, speced or who your running with. With 50,000 fleets out there with only 2 or 3 active players I can see why you have to pug, but you put yourself in that position. Try consolidating fleets to get a firmer player base. Who knows, you might meet people and make a few friends. Get a fleet with vent or ts so you can talk and coordinate strategy. Refuse to run in just any group. Up your standards so you run with just competent people that can comunicate effectively. The more you run these stf's the more you will see there are numerous ways to complete them. With a competent fleet at your side they go down quite easily.

As a side note, its not party composition that counts here, its competence and team work. We have done it with 5 tacs, 5 engs and have speculated on how 5 sci's should never die. Its about doing your job well and trusting the other 4 or less in your team to do the same. You just dont develop that kind of trust in a pug.