Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry Ground
03-22-2011, 06:41 AM
What i do want is this keep them friendly until I do something.
The Borg will ignore you until they see you as an thread. That means interacting with something that is forbidden or shoot a drone then they will attack you .
But for now the UGC has limited options for this kind off stuff .
When I let my UGC interact with let's take a warp core there is no sound .
When I want an UGC to walk from place to place like standing guard they also do not what I want .

Maybe its just me I do not understand some tings to let UGC work as I had in mind on that moment.
Like the Borg extractor is it just decor or can you let it do something .
I did watch most tutorials but I have to say unlike other game builders it's very limited to the user .

And the thing most irritating is the view only from the top you can not see o this is an console or a chair or a table. And I build a bridge from scratch and try to let people do something on the bridge but they don't move or work or anything .

Maybe someone can tell how to do all this or is that function not ready yet ? Just asking .
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
i think we should all be grateful we have it at all. i also think it is very limited and needs to be expanded upon, which will happen soon hopefully, but i am willing to wait. if it takes a couple of months for the next update to be ready, then ill wait. Foundry is very limited at the moment, but i am personally hardly phased by it, as I have already created missions which I am proud of
Lt. Commander
# 3 Yes I do to
03-22-2011, 07:55 AM
I did create my first mission and finisht it last night .

It's name : Strike Atack . Player Site : Klingon Empire
So what I would like is as musch comments as posible .
So I can learn from it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Lt. Commander
# 5 Sorry Grand Nagus
03-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I promise my next mission wil not be borg at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter1978
What i do want is this keep them friendly until I do something.
The Borg will ignore you until they see you as an thread. That means interacting with something that is forbidden or shoot a drone then they will attack you .
You can add NPC group by having a trigger on some console. Granted, this mean additional Borg will beam in but I think this is approximately the effect you wanted.

Quote:
When I want an UGC to walk from place to place like standing guard they also do not what I want .
You can use "wander" but at the moment you cannot say directly where they should wander. You can, however, define how far they may wander from their starting point.

Quote:
Like the Borg extractor is it just decor or can you let it do something .
You can use it like any other item. You can set it to interact or place an NPC that has an appropriate Idle-task assigned to it.

Quote:
And the thing most irritating is the view only from the top you can not see o this is an console or a chair or a table. And I build a bridge from scratch and try to let people do something on the bridge but they don't move or work or anything .
You have to place NPC manually (which is a little fiddely until you know the approximate X and Z coordinates you need to place an NPC) and assign them idle-tasks like "typing - sitting" or some such tasks.

You can also use consoles that have little red men in their preview picture. NPCs set on wander and "jobs" will use these consoles automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Well working on new project
03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
It's going to be my biggest yet, I shall give a yell when it is finished .
And Grand Nagus don't worry you wont see Anny Borg .

Greets