Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,

I have been trying to beat the STF missions (specifically infected) lately, but it just seems IMPOSSIBLE! I know a lot of people are complaining about it lately but I have a different request: make the team cap higher. For those that think they can beat Infected with 3 players, they may very well go ahead! But for people like me who think its impossible, let us have 6-7 players in our team. That's all I can ask and it seems the best way to level the playing field for people who want the borg parts and not go insane in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Raising the Team cap would most likely need a new game mechanic...

ALSO: Are you running it on Advanced/Elite?
Are you in an organized team (IE 1 medic, 2 engs 2 tacs)
Do you have good communications (IE use team chat or Teamspeak)
Do you have good tactics (Target the node first>Infected>Drones>Protodrones>Medical drones>Melee Heavy & Elite Tacs)

If you run it on normal, and have a mixed team with good communications and the right tactics it becomes a breeze...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nean800 View Post

ALSO: Are you running it on Advanced/Elite?...

Advanced and Elite setting do not affect the STF missions. If they did, I would have more injuries than i can pay to heal (and healing is free, remember that)...

Just to clear that up...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Are you playing it at the RA or VA level?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Dont do it till you release the hive. Then a 20 man raid group seems reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Again, doing STFs is not like running around like crazy traying to kill everything and finish it in 10 minutes.

Its requires preparation, patience and slow pace.

The borgs were already nerfed and even doing the STFs in the VA version, is simple and straight forward.

I would suggest that you, enter a fleet and read the guides on how to do the STFs.

In fact, STFs dicciculty was fine before, it was challenging, now is like a walk in the park (if you know how to do it).

Regards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nean800 View Post

ALSO: Are you running it on Advanced/Elite?
Are you in an organized team (IE 1 medic, 2 engs 2 tacs)
Do you have good communications (IE use team chat or Teamspeak)
Do you have good tactics (Target the node first>Infected>Drones>Protodrones>Medical drones>Melee Heavy & Elite Tacs)

If you run it on normal, and have a mixed team with good communications and the right tactics it becomes a breeze...
Normal difficulty (though I'll say I mildly suck)
Not usually, as its hard to come by Sci and Eng, as well as people who know what they're doing. And even if I do, I have to sit around Gamma Orionis waiting....and waiting......and waiting.........and waiting............
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Not to worry, I beat part 1 2 days ago in less then an hour, I guess I just wasn't trying hard enough/wasn't with the right people before, or SOMETHING! But I'll have it beat and now this post is useless. LOLZ
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEMAN97
Not to worry, I beat part 1 2 days ago in less then an hour, I guess I just wasn't trying hard enough/wasn't with the right people before, or SOMETHING! But I'll have it beat and now this post is useless. LOLZ
If by Part 1 you mean the Space Portion, then it should take only a few minutes to do if done properly.

Do not feel like you are a "mildly sucky" player. That is nonsense. Anyone can do these STFs. It just requires patience, equipping yourself with the proper kits and consumables, and most importantly teamwork.

Feel free to send me an ingame /friend invite. Our fleet is happy to help others get through these STFs.