Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
The number of times I've had to cajole my team mates away from the spawn is rather silly. I honestly don't understand the mentality.

I have a simple rule; move forward until you encounter the enemy.

I also expect the same rule applied to me.

If i have to move all the way to your spawn point before I encounter you, that is your mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2011, 10:54 AM
I agree. To avoid fights while you are respawning or actually being spawn camped. It is personal responsibility first and a team responsibility 2nd. if you don't move out and away so the fight doesn't occur near the spawn point then woe is you.

Over the weekend i was able to make 7 levels of KDF Cmdr just off of PvP matches alone. I noticed a lot of the feds just go their normal speed from the gate....meanwhile, the whole KDF team has blitzed over to the Fed side and all ready started powering up subsystems for the attack.
What never failed to happen is having a straggler slogging along way behind all others. Ripe Target. So as the KDF team attacks those in front, i rip into the straggler from 3k behind as he is out of sight of heals and near out of range. Boom, now i have opportunity.....since the feds are turning their front shields away from my team.....they are turning their front shields right into my arc. So, now i hit a weak and exposed shield and are getting hit from the aft quarter.
Since the fed teams didn't move far from their spawn point and the delay of respawn...the fight ends up being right at the spawn point. Your team ends up dead. Your team ends up respawning piece-meal for slaughter. Your team ends hating pvp 'cus of bad tactics. Your team ends up calling KDF overpowered. Seems a lot of this can be avoided if "people" learn to "fight right".
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2011, 11:17 AM
If youre bad enough to get spawn camped, im going to do it to you. Im not wasting any more time than I have to against useless players that provide no challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
The only problem I see sometimes is sometimes the opposing team doesn't spawn in until the other team is basically on top of them at spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Didn't PrincessKatrina have a post just like this up a few weeks back?

Apparantly, it was about as fruitless as she expected.

Maybe we should use our leet keybinding skills to drop "useful PvP tips for everyone" all over zone chat, in and out of Arenas. :p
  • CTRL-SHIFT-1: To avoid spawncamping, team up and move towards the center of the map.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-2: Distribute your Shield Power by clicking on the center of your ship's paper doll on your UI.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-3: Shield Resistances keep you alive - use Emergency Power to Shields and Transfer Shield Strength regularly.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-4: Focus Fire
  • CTRL-SHIFT-5: Heal teammates in need.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-6: Stick Together
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Honestly, though, I'm beginning to think camping spam teams is a good deterrent to ungodly amounts of spam...

It still wouldn't be very good etiquette, but then again, neither is overloading the servers and opponents' graphics cards needlessly to get a cheap win.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2011, 05:31 PM
i feel that these 2 simple solutions would fix the "spawn camping" issue.

auto team when entering the map, full power when respawning.

if on side gets to your spawn point and you're just sitting there doing nothing... then you are doing something wrong, even if you are unable to team up. why are you just sitting there?
Lt. Commander
# 18 Hold please...
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
My communications officer is attempting to open a channel. Hopefully we can avoid conflict in this PVP match.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
but i think the termn SPAWN CAMPING refers to the fact that one team start moving to the oponent team spawn point systematically and wait for the ships to appear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
I am not blaming people who come to play, if you start moving towards the opponent spawn point, then you are trying to get an easy win
Spawn camping isn't the original intent. Think of it as flying 'toward' the spawn point, rather than flying 'directly to' the spawn point. A subtle difference, but both teams have a relatively equal amount of time to get set up so ideally they would meet up in the middle to engage each other at the beginning. Moving toward the spawn point doesn't necessarily mean gunning for an easy win. It could be as simple as trying to start the battle as soon as possible after patiently waiting in queue for the match itself. If I've already waited in queue, why should I wait in the middle for people who don't take the match seriously anyway?

The point is that the other team will be waiting at their spawn to be attacked. Politely waiting for them is semi-irrelevant because they've had plenty of time to start moving and engage in the center of the map already - yet they still choose to wait at the spawn and reinforce the tactic of flying 'directly to' the enemy spawn point to engage in battle rather than flying 'toward' it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
If youre bad enough to get spawn camped, im going to do it to you. Im not wasting any more time than I have to against useless players that provide no challenge.
no matter where they are ill attack them when im good and ready. spawncamping is fail.

but..... racing to the enemy spawn to instantly pwn them before they are "ready" isnt. be sure to make the distinction

once that battle is won or lost, for me, the game is over. respawn at all is ******** imho, if one team is 5 man wiped out ... there is no law saying the other team has to go back to their spawn...... this isnt football

to me the real spawncamping only happens in lopsided arenas (5v2 etc) when some feds have quit, or in kerrat, where i have been "camped" by 10 or more feds, still make it in and get a kill