Lt. Commander
# 21
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
You mean that new low budget movie that could not even afford a proper engineering interior for the Enterprise?
They certainly did better overall than that show that couldn't even afford proper sets for half their episodes. Purple skies on every other planet!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
They certainly did better overall than that show that couldn't even afford proper sets for half their episodes. Purple skies on every other planet!
When you see shows as a product of their era you'll notice a few details:

Back then purple skies were outlandish and therefore an adequate representation of an "alien planet".
They did not have many of the materials and equipment we have today, at least not a reasonable prices
(In Star Trek 1 the small console screens on the Enterprise's bridge were not screens, they were projection fields with projectors hidden behind the sets, there were no small enough screens with the required framerate available, and that was 10 years later!) and there is also practically an entire industry that produces futuristic sets that can be employed.
Those were not around back then.
And even with such limitations, in the 60's they managed to produce an engineering set that was more credible than the one we have seen in the new movie.
Because despite all those advances in set building they failed miserably.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraperbeacon
Would it be possible to have a "Constitution"-class Cruiser as a VA? I'm surprised after all this time that noone has mentioned including this iconic ship from Star Trek as a cruiser available at the higher levels.

As far as I know, its only available to Lieutenant Commanders (?) but not for later ranks. This is a real bummer, since Kirk was commanding one as a Captain/Admiral.

Not only this, but when fans think of Star Trek, the "Constitution"-class is always thought of, as well as the crew that flew her.
No.. The only time I think of the Constitution, is when Im trying to recall pathetically bad TV series from the 1960s.

When I think "Star Trek", I think Sovereign, Picard, Defiant, Intrepid, Negh'var, Vor'cha, Quantum Torpedos, Borg Cubes, Galor class cruisers etc..
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
From that, I bet I can guess how old you are.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
From that, I bet I can guess how old you are.
I'm Danish

I'm 38

I'm female

I'm a professional soldier

1.65 high

Need any more information, shoesize perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-23-2011, 10:46 AM
No, that's more than enough, thank you.
I would have expected you to be at least 10 years younger, to have not caught TOS reruns on TV as I did, but I suspect that being a Dane accounts for that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
pathetically bad TV series from the 1960s.
Careful now, you're going to alienate people. I may also think the constitution class has no place in STO outside of the kitsch T1 value, but TOS is my favorite Trek series, even though I'm only 30 yrs. old.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
No, that's more than enough, thank you.
I would have expected you to be at least 10 years younger, to have not caught TOS reruns on TV as I did, but I suspect that being a Dane accounts for that.
thats insulting to say the least. dont do that respect people for their logic and if they make you look foolish for being prejudice then dont try and dig your hole deeper.

I to agree the tos was nice during its era but like all things the future comes and well its here. anyway the convo is kinda mute and i think this was mute due to the other post. Connie in game. to make it flyable at VA add VA gear here, here, here and here. dont expect it to fire like a sovey or defiant.

have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
That movie was fun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
No.. The only time I think of the Constitution, is when Im trying to recall pathetically bad TV series from the 1960s.

When I think "Star Trek", I think Sovereign, Picard, Defiant, Intrepid, Negh'var, Vor'cha, Quantum Torpedos, Borg Cubes, Galor class cruisers etc..
Wasn't all of that erased in the new more popular movie?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Wasn't all of that erased in the new more popular movie?
not so much dude, thre have been plenty of ncc constitution versions. as time progressed so did the ship tech and likeness
Closed Thread