Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
You forgot a couple things:

- Big map and mini-map go black in nebula (implied by disabled sensors, I guess)

- Pets and spam disabled (cause gravity and radiation anomalies would destroy them)

- Cloak disabled

Sounds like it would be visual targeting range only; so you could only see and fire on things within 10km.
By pets, would this include Saucer Separation on the Exploration Galaxy and the section of the Prometheus Multi-Vector Assault mode?

And yes, quite correct about the cloak. Cloaking would be disabled inside the nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Some great ideas in this thread. The more PvP maps, the better!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I kinda miss the uber gas clouds in briar patch...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JF-Highlander View Post
By pets, would this include Saucer Separation on the Exploration Galaxy and the section of the Prometheus Multi-Vector Assault mode?
Seems fair to me. I think everyone could appreciate having one type of PvP scenario completely free from spam and pets, where we could really get back to the basics of space combat. If this was a separate scenario type that people could choose to queue for, alongside the existing ones, it might even turn out to be one of the most popular.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Seems fair to me. I think everyone could appreciate having one type of PvP scenario completely free from spam and pets, where we could really get back to the basics of space combat. If this was a separate scenario type that people could choose to queue for, alongside the existing ones, it might even turn out to be one of the most popular.
Understood. I suppose it could be that the static discharge and gas would render the separation mechanisms offline.

What about the fleet support ability though?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Sounds cool, all ships lose accuracy or gain "miss" depending on how you look at it. You would be able target of course but need to add a negative proc in so it simulates the Mutara. Maybe a strong shield "debuff" like the one used in salvage dispute where you have lightning that randomly strikes facings taking them down up to 25%.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JF-Highlander View Post
What about the fleet support ability though?
Since that's a universal ability, it would be even more fair to nuke that. It makes sense while in the Nebula that you wouldn't be able to get a call for help out, if sensors aren't even operative.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Since that's a universal ability, it would be even more fair to nuke that. It makes sense while in the Nebula that you wouldn't be able to get a call for help out, if sensors aren't even operative.
True.

As a small consideration maybe instead of disabling Saucer Sep and MVAM maybe just an increased chance that the maneuver fails?