Lt. Commander
I'd been looking at ways to split teams up and most of them wind up fairly complicated.

Funny thought. Anybody tried replacing a sliding door with a closed (non-opening) door as soon as you cross it? Is it fairly effective at splitting up teams?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I did something like this and it worked very well. I even made a small test-mission where you objective was to get your crew back. I also put the spawn point into a corner so that my team was outside in a different room.

I also saw filbones in one of his missions using a spawnpoint inside turbolift to keep his BOFFs outside.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd been looking at ways to split teams up and most of them wind up fairly complicated.

Funny thought. Anybody tried replacing a sliding door with a closed (non-opening) door as soon as you cross it? Is it fairly effective at splitting up teams?
Yes, I tried this with a forcefield to try to trap my BOs. When you take a few steps, they instantly reappear behind you, like when they get stuck.

I think that you could separate them if as soon as the ff went up, the BOs had someone to fight, and they get killed.

Or, you could somehow make it part of the mission objective to make the player put BOs in a cornor and leave them there.

I'm still brainstorming that one.

And, there is always the spawn in the cornor trick, giving your officers no room.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I've tinkered with the idea of having objectives where you send one team member, via waypoint, to a room and then raise a forcefield between you and them while they do a kill objective that can only be completed behind the wall. It seems prone to being broken, however and should probably be used carefully, particularly when planning for the potential of multiplayer. (My idea there is to have a console in that room that lowers the forcefield but which can only be used by a player, obviously, since the field must be lowered from the inside.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2011, 10:12 AM
The smart way is probably to have two forcefields in place and require one to be lowered from the inside of the room and one to be lowered from the outside.

This requires teamwork in a multiplayer scenario and leaves anyone in the room stranded if you're using BOs.