Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 61
03-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelscout View Post
I dont think its because people want more virtual, I think it's because they were promised one thing and got another, kind of like false advertisement or at least misled. I myself like the open jacket look, a little more realism couldn't hurt though, especially since what previous posters have pointed out or linked from other games for us to see
Exactly this. Cryptic sought our input on what uniforms we wanted in game by starting a thread and showing us examples to vote on. The open jacket (cleavage heavy open jacket I might add) won hands down as the most popular vote getter. Then, all of the other uniforms (which got less votes, some by as much as 20% less) were made FIRST, and were accurate representations of the examples shown on the poll. When we finally get the one we voted for as being the one we wanted (and therefore you would assume the one most likely to generate big C-store returns) it doesn't look anything like the one we voted for.

That is really the problem here. Those that keep trying to make it a you-pervs-just-want-boobs argument are kind of missing the actual issue.

For the record thou, I do find the cleavage nerf a big disappointment.
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
For the record thou, I do find the cleavage nerf a big disappointment.
Me too, who doesnt like cleavage??? But really...Who doesn't like realism in a digital world, and where digital realism is also digital fantasy...
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelscout View Post
Me too, who doesnt like cleavage?
*waves* It's over done, I mean it practically everywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
Cleavage cannot be overdone. Its a physical impossibility.
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
But.... But... I... :::Best caveman voice::: Boobs Good, never have too much.

On a more enlightened note. Yes it is everywhere. I for one, still am not tired of it. That being said I see and understand that sometimes it is just gratuitous.

In the real-ficticious StarFleet of the 24th and 25th centuries, the uniforms would probably never be designed that way, which is why that vulcan was obviously unzipping the uniform and using it in a unformal and most assuradly an off duty manner. Probably for her ponfar lover or something. That being said wearing one's uniform like that might not be a big deal on some of the less militaristic ships.

I mean not every captain is as big a prude as Picard and might actually allow thier more sexually liberated crew members such as Deltans or Risans or even nudist humans a bit more freedom when it is not nessesary for full dress situations.

Personally I think they should have given the uniform advertised and just slapped Mirror Universe in front of Open Jacket.
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
The problem is nobody in the future wears bras. Thus, the breasts aren't squished together, and consequently, no cleavage.

This is exacerbated by the fact the jackets in the future perfectly adhere to the form of the body, so the breasts are allowed to sit naturally while remaining perfectly supported.

Also in the future all breasts are naturally round and by a miracle of natural selection never smaller than a C-cup.
*sigh* And what a wonderful future it is.......
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Righto, I'll have to do some serious clean-up in this thread.

I'd like to point out Stormy's comment on the issue before I will need to close down here.
Closed Thread