Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2011, 08:56 AM
There's no KDF version of the Delta flyer, so yeah, it would. I think the Peregrine fighter will come with a playable Klingon counterpart, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonSequitur View Post
There's no KDF version of the Delta flyer, so yeah, it would. I think the Peregrine fighter will come with a playable Klingon counterpart, though.
And there was a KDF version of the captain's Yacht? No, they made one. They did a fine job wit the Duj'Hod.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
That a convenient excuse to shaft the Klingon faction once again.

We told the Klingon will get a fighter. But of course why would cryptic launch the Klingon fighter at the same time as delta flyer. I become clear day by day the Klingon side is red head step child.

And i bet the day the klingon fighter is launch will be the same day federation gets a fighter. One thing for sure. There is no fair and balance when it come to content release in this game. Every thing is gear to Federation. Perhaps instead of launch a third faction they just drop it to one if that all there going to work on.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Correct. That is the plan. And to someone else's question - I believe you have to have 160 in General Research before you can start working on the Delta Flyer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
That a convenient excuse to shaft the Klingon faction once again.

We told the Klingon will get a fighter. But of course why would cryptic launch the Klingon fighter at the same time as delta flyer. I become clear day by day the Klingon side is red head step child.

And i bet the day the klingon fighter is launch will be the same day federation gets a fighter. One thing for sure. There is no fair and balance when it come to content release in this game. Every thing is gear to Federation. Perhaps instead of launch a third faction they just drop it to one if that all there going to work on.
Agreed,

I can understand Cryptic catering to the larger number of Fed based accounts, a KDF version would have been nice. How many players would at the very least jump on a KDF toon to craft a KDF variant?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
whatever the minimum level is to break out of the "hypo/shield battery" level is, that's what you need.

151 sounds about right.
Per my word I hopped on Tribble to be certain...and you need exactly 180 General Research to be offered the "Craft Delta Flyer" mission. It was just pure luck that I actually stopped at 180 upon my initial test...this time I actually monitored the mission tab while crafting. So yes 180 it is. Still Cryptic could have added this to the notes as I am sure several will log on and not automatically assume it is their lack of crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
oooh the Klingons again.

just accept please that in CANON... in the SERIES + MOVIES there is no counterpart to every single Federation design.

If you can live with made up stuff... fine, i don't want made up crap, i want TREK.

or:
...you realy want to play a Klingon sitting in a Shuttle all day long scanning anomalies to get a better shuttle?
Before Klingons got Crafting we did not even have anomalies because "exploring" wasn't Klingon enough, then the DEV's caved in and copy & pasted the one most horrible game element over to the KDF.

I was soooo happy when i played my Klingon ALT the first time and never had to see one freaking anomaly anywhere, that was a UNIQUE feature to the KDF, screw the anomalies, screw diplomacy, i just want to hunt and kill something!
Now everything needs to have a "counterpart"... every ship, every shuttle, every Fleetaction, i am surprised we do not have a Klingon Diplomacy Grind by now.

Screw all that i finally want that WAR that we were promissed! There are only 2 Maps where i can kill Federation Ships, that isn't a WAR that is a "Scharmützel".

(if that sounded to agressive for your taste, i imagined writing it with a klingon voice )
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-25-2011, 09:58 AM
If Klingons want a Delta Flyer, then the Feds need to have a Carrier

Honestly, let the Klinks have the Fighter, I'd think the Flyer-class shuttle is adequate enough in a fighter role, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
oooh the Klingons again.

just accept please that in CANON... in the SERIES + MOVIES there is no counterpart to every single Federation design.

If you can live with made up stuff... fine, i don't want made up crap, i want TREK.

or:
...you realy want to play a Klingon sitting in a Shuttle all day long scanning anomalies to get a better shuttle?
Before Klingons got Crafting we did not even have anomalies because "exploring" wasn't Klingon enough, then the DEV's caved in and copy & pasted the one most horrible game element over to the KDF.

I was soooo happy when i played my Klingon ALT the first time and never had to see one freaking anomaly anywhere, that was a UNIQUE feature to the KDF, screw the anomalies, screw diplomacy, i just want to hunt and kill something!
Now everything needs to have a "counterpart"... every ship, every shuttle, every Fleetaction, i am surprised we do not have a Klingon Diplomacy Grind by now.

Screw all that i finally want that WAR that we were promissed! There are only 2 Maps where i can kill Federation Ships, that isn't a WAR that is a "Scharmützel".

(if that sounded to agressive for your taste, i imagined writing it with a klingon voice )
It has nothing to do with count for ever ship. Klingons have pretty much one ship skin per ship. Federation min of 3 for almost every ship. I can think of one that has only one and one 2. And not all those skins are cannon.

Then the no counter part for the diplomatic system. When klingons scream for a conquest type system.

Yet there allready talk of a third faction. The klingons where release as a half back excuse of faction and dispite the improvement there still a half back excuse of faction and yet to see the dev focus a large portion of there time on klingons. For ever one klingon item add there normal two to 3 new federation items added. So as time goes on it just get worse and worse.

Take the weekly series there all gear to federation with no real changes for the klingons other then the fact they can play them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
It has nothing to do with count for ever ship. Klingons have pretty much one ship skin per ship. Federation min of 3 for almost every ship. I can think of one that has only one and one 2. And not all those skins are cannon.

Then the no counter part for the diplomatic system. When klingons scream for a conquest type system.

Yet there allready talk of a third faction. The klingons where release as a half back excuse of faction and dispite the improvement there still a half back excuse of faction and yet to see the dev focus a large portion of there time on klingons. For ever one klingon item add there normal two to 3 new federation items added. So as time goes on it just get worse and worse.

Take the weekly series there all gear to federation with no real changes for the klingons other then the fact they can play them.
More than half of the team is working on Klingon content for Season 4 at the moment, so I can assure that I remain committed to improving the KDF faction and have done so with every release.