Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
THIS is what I'm talking about! More stuff from the proper timeline! Stop the past-crap. People paid for this game KNOWING it was set in the future, so let's stop pandering to them and make them grow up! Give them what they paid for, not what they keep crying about.
Why are you so desperate to kill this game?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
LOL, I wonder if the Old Republic has to deal with these problems. (note, I'm not discussing it really, just a moment of sarcasm. Don't want to promote have no desire to play it.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Ok, I have to say I love TOS (I grew up watching it in the early 1970's). And I appreciate the fact the devs made it so we can relive that environment inside our ships and out with the new TOS bundle pack on the C-Store.

What I'd really like to see is a 2409 C-Store Bundle of NEW material: New Uniforms, New Bridges, New Shuttles, New Weapons that Scale Up with Character Progression!

How about you?
100% agreed.
I would love to see more new stuff.
I am really tired to see another old ship, another old uniform and another old weapon and so on.
Now that the TOS Bundle is finally out, maybe there is time now to let this game continue.

Edit:
Man i didn't realize that this is about a C-Store Pack.....
New Stuff form the STO era should be free of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
I had a long running debate with some friends before STO launched, regarding this exact topic.

My personal opinion was that a game set after the "known" eras of Star Trek, wouldn't stand on it's own. The reason being is there is so much love for the ships, characters and uniforms of the various Treks we all grew up with and enjoyed.

I also theorized that if the game were set in the TOS era, it would have been wildly popular, and boomed from day one. And if it had been set in the environs of the 2009 reboot, then the game would have capitalized on the hype and hoopla of the new movie.

Personally, had the game been 100% TOS, from day one, I'd have bought a LTS pre-launch and never ever played another MMO. But that's just me.
It is the same opposite with me, IF STO would have been a ToS based game i would never bought it.

Thank you for reading
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-25-2011, 05:14 PM
So you want to pay extra for the stuff that belongs in the game now?

I'm really amazed how much people are willing to pay extra on top of their monthly subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
It won't kill the game. The game will do just as well without all the old tech that doesn't belong in this time period.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
So you want to pay extra for the stuff that belongs in the game now?

I'm really amazed how much people are willing to pay extra on top of their monthly subscription.
If it helps make the game better, yes. If it gets me the stuff I want, yes. I'm totally willing to buy more stuff, it's kinda what I live for.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
If it helps make the game better, yes. If it gets me the stuff I want, yes. I'm totally willing to buy more stuff, it's kinda what I live for.
I guess I should just stick to FPS games where you pay for the box and then the updates are all free, except for the occasional expansion pack which will deliver 20x more stuff for the same price STO charges for a single ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I guess I should just stick to FPS games where you pay for the box and then the updates are all free, except for the occasional expansion pack which will deliver 20x more stuff for the same price STO charges for a single ship.
Dude, a ship is not content. It's cosmetic fluff. You pay extra for cosmetic fluff.

Did you pay a dime for the new Featured Series? No. Now that was content and a damn sight more awesome than any content additions I've seen for an FPS game in an expansion pack.

It makes perfect sense to me and I'm perfectly willing to continue to pay extra for cosmetics as long as the content still comes for free.

Edit:
And where you're finding expansion packs for anything that costs under 15 dollars is beyond me. Where are you shopping? How long have these expansions been out?

Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
It won't kill the game. The game will do just as well without all the old tech that doesn't belong in this time period.
No, all of the fans of the various Trek shows are likely to quit. I know I certainly wouldn't play this game if it quit being Star Trek and turned into generic sci-fi game with out the ships and uniforms that were actually in Trek.

Just about the only canon 25th century thing in this game are the Dreadnought and the All Good Things uniforms.

Your suggestion would kill this game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
THIS is what I'm talking about! More stuff from the proper timeline! Stop the past-crap. People paid for this game KNOWING it was set in the future, so let's stop pandering to them and make them grow up! Give them what they paid for, not what they keep crying about.

I'll wager that most 'people', actually paid for this game because it said STAR TREK on the box, not because of what particular ERA it would represent...

In fact, I'll also wager that everybody that purchased this game, probably thought that it would contain the particular features/era that they luv the most...

So the "past-crap" that you refer too, is probably a very big reason that this game is doing as well as it is...

Anybody wanna risk some Quatloos...?...