Lt. Commander
# 1 The Winter of Our Discontent
03-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice. My first mission is up. Seeing that the Foundry will go to Holodeck soon I thought I would put it out there just too see how it runs. It need a little fine tuning, especially in the mission headers, and there are some things about the current state of Foundry that made me change the ending a bit. I would love some feedback.

Thanks again!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I haven't played a Foundry mission (that wasn't bug testing) in ages.

Guess which mission I'm loading to encourage new authors?

I'll review it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Overall, it's a fairly good mission. It just needs some polish to go from 3 stars to 4.

Some issues:
  • NPCs weren't renamed in the map editor, causing them all to appear as "UGC Contact"
  • Mobs didn't vary enough in difficulty. I fought maybe six or eight Chief Science Officers or Chief Engineers.
  • Minor grammatical and typing errors.
  • Use the Mission/Highlight button on key data, like what system you need to travel to (Tephrai System, Alpha Centauri Sector Block, etc.) It's good for important data.

Some criticisms of Cryptic (that impacted the mission):
  • NPCs able to hop the "fence" due to ppthing
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much. I didn't realize you could change the npc names!! The thing that I noticed when playing through with one of my characters, is that I have npcs using the characters rank A LOT...if your a Vice Admiral it can get a little annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddommus View Post
Thanks so much. I didn't realize you could change the npc names!! The thing that I noticed when playing through with one of my characters, is that I have npcs using the characters rank A LOT...if your a Vice Admiral it can get a little annoying.
It's worse if you play a Read Admiral, Upper/Lower Half.

I just use the term captain because, regardless of rank, you are the captain of a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah...wow...I couldn't even get past the 2nd combat. I was thinking that there's not that much combat in the mission so I would make what I had in there epic. How can I make it easier and vary the style? As you said to many engineers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddommus View Post
Yeah...wow...I couldn't even get past the 2nd combat. I was thinking that there's not that much combat in the mission so I would make what I had in there epic. How can I make it easier and vary the style? As you said to many engineers.
Well, what mobs did you use? It seemed like you used LtCmdr. or Cmdr. level mobs the entire time.

These mobs will scale to the player's level - so tossing in an ensign mob instead of every mob being the same would be nice.