Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
And the TOS uniforms do?
Heck of a lot more than a T5 Connie.
All you need is issue a request to a replicator and poof, instant TOS uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Actually it will be a Tier 5.6 as it is THE Star Trek Ship.

Now about those Prometheus alterations some have been on about, Do they belong in STO? The ships already there, why bother with it any more?

Is it worth allowing others to have their end game Connies to them?

Everyone has their passions, You can't have one without the other.
The Prometheus? you mean a ship that is still well within its life cycle? vs the Constitution that "never" saw service even in the 24th century?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Guys, honestly! Let's not go off on this tangent again! XD
ANYWAYS, Forresto, it is unfourtunate but it's probable that ship interiors will never fully match those seen on the show, simply because of how Cryptic stores the data. It's a lot to go through! Even when the Foundry comes out, and Cryptic sets up the feature to let us design our own custom ship interiors, there may be overall size limitations on them.
They really just wanna get the most iconic and important rooms out of the way for ship interiors. It has been mentioned that they'd like to add the ship's shuttlebay in, for example, and let you actually store and launch your shuttles from there. And adding functionality to the interiors is also on the table, so there's that to look forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
vs the Constitution that "never" saw service even in the 24th century?
Actually there is no Canon evidence supporting this. The Constitution might have been in service in the 24th century. There is no evidence of when the entire ship class was decomissioned, just that the Enterprise-A was decommissioned before the 24th century and that Starfleet was scaled back as a part of the Khitomer accords.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Heck of a lot more than a T5 Connie.
All you need is issue a request to a replicator and poof, instant TOS uniforms.

The Prometheus? you mean a ship that is still well within its life cycle? vs the Constitution that "never" saw service even in the 24th century?
Until now as a newly refurbished Flagship.

I thought the interiors to be quite expansive compared to the regular ones we get more rooms and the Jeffries Tubes work to go between decks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2011, 09:40 AM
My only problem is that the majority of the time I use the turbolift or jeffries tube I fall into space.

That's a damn big "only" problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Actually there is no Canon evidence supporting this. The Constitution might have been in service in the 24th century. There is no evidence of when the entire ship class was decomissioned, just that the Enterprise-A was decommissioned before the 24th century and that Starfleet was scaled back as a part of the Khitomer accords.
Sure there is, the Constitution was completely replaced with the Constitution Refit. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Sure there is, the Constitution was completely replaced with the Constitution Refit. :p
Except for the "X" ships which were held back due to logistics until the Fleet could support them.

That time is now.

Prometheus was only in one episode as an experimental ship, maybe they scrapped it?

I had the falling into space thing until I updated my video card drivers, try that. Hope it works.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2011, 09:47 AM
All we need now, are TOS skins of all playable ships.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
All we need now, are TOS skins of all playable ships.
That will be TOS Pack III.

That would actually depend on what rights they have acquired.

ADB is still producing Federation Commander, which is a Starfleet battles spin off.

However, the various TOS ship classes were originally produced in a Star Trek tech manual so I'm not sure how that would go.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Haha, I see.

I just want a TOS-style MVAE (among others). xD