Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Disembodied Barry White music is not about to start up, is it?

(goes on the defensive, looking around suspiciuosly)
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I remember when Season Two was being called the Klingon patch. Remember what we got? Sure, it was awesome, but we still got very little. Frankly, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with Season Four.
Agreed and that's exactly why I took a break for about 9 months. Sure we got some stuff and I am grateful for that. But it really wasn't all that much and I'm tired of feeling like Oliver Twist with a ridged forehead.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Ater 40 Day patch fail and the Season 2 loss to put us on par with the Federation I'm not grateful at all

If Atari / Cryptic would have properly advertised as STARFLEET Online I would never have bought it and put so much hope in the development of the KDF with so few things in return. The Devs have definitly lost my faith forever.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

Awww, yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

KLINGON DANCE PARTY!!!!!!!

I'm going to withhold judgement until Season 4 is released. The sad part is my expectations have dropped, which is why I took a break from KDF and only just returned to it.

So while we wait ........ KLINGON DANCE PARTY!!!!!!! KLINGON DANCE PARTY!!!!!!!

I'll even bring the BBQed tribbles!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I think after a year of the game being live, it's fair to pass whatever judgement you see fit about the status of the Klingon side of the game. With this much time under the game's belt it's time to stop making excuses and start delivering. I want to believe that more content is on the way, I truly do. But I'm not drinking the cool aid till I actually see the content that we have been asked for so long to hold our judgement for.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2011, 07:39 PM
When this game was announced the Klingons were to be the PvP faction. Some Dev said it...I don't know who. Then the complaining about overpowered Klingon ships started by Fed players who don't know how to PvP(most still don't). Then content griping started and the Devs give the Klingons 8 episodes, Sorties and equal access to the FSE's. The Devs have said that Klingons won't have as much content as Feds. Again I don't know who said it.

I have a Klingon character that I've leveled to Major General doing the stuff mentioned above. i leveled him to Captain from PvP alone. I have no problems with the Klingon Faction as it currently is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
When this game was announced the Klingons were to be the PvP faction. Some Dev said it...I don't know who.
You are so unbelievably wrong, you don't even know.

See the links in my signature for details.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I agree that a renewed focus needs to be made towards the KDF. However, the most vocal Fed supporters will shut you down faster than you can say "Ludicrous Speed". And, as history has shown in the forums, the louder the voice the better the reaction from the devs.
As sad as that is it's very true.

It's pretty sad that AGT uniforms were more in demand than basic KDF stuff. That just blows my mind.

Sometimes I wonder if it's because KDF players arent as vocal as they should be or if its because we actually have that small of a player base, which raises another question - Do we have a smaller player base because Klingons just arent as interesting or is it because we have such a lack of content?

Personally, I'd like to think it's the latter, and believe it or not I've debated that to myself for a while before deciding on the conclusion.

I don't think we'd ever be as big as the Feds, however I do think that we are stuck in a cycle that prevents us from having a player base big enough to get what we want/need.

By being stuck in a cycle I mean that the majority of players wont play a new klingon toon for more than a couple of hours because of lack of content, and we wont get more content because people wont play Klingon toons for more than a couple of hours.

You'd be surprised by how many people don't play Klingons just because it's so friggin boring. I love playing my Tac LG, but it sucked leveling him up and it was one of the lamest, most repetitive things I've ever done in any game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Twist: New Update = the Fed Kling war ends as it is discovered that the iconians are to blame for all their conflicts. Fed + Kling become one faction, all updates shared equally territories etc etc.

Not quite sure why that popped into my head, but as an old school klingon who's pretty much just given up on content and gone to the dark side, I thought it seemed strangely fitting/foreboding o.o

Pretty sure there's some people ****ting their pants as they read this